1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
If my choice is GLC250d AMG with 20'' alloys in Selenite Grey and black artico

What will be the best trim

I have gone for Gross Black and Aluminium as the speakers of the Burmester is in aluminium

But I also quite like the brown wooden trim

Do you think it will look odd to have wood trim as it's not a beige or brownish interior like other luxury cars....

Thanks for your input..:smile2:

·
Registered
287 Posts
When you call the black gross, it doesn't sound too appealing anymore ;)

The brownish wooden trim gives it a more classy kind of look to it. It's not odd at all. But the aluminum would make it look more executive. It's really what you would like the most as you're going to be spending a lot of time in it.

For me, I'm more of a sporty feeling, executive modern liking kinda guy. So it would be the aluminum.

Just my opinion though !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you call the black gross, it doesn't sound too appealing anymore ;)

The brownish wooden trim gives it a more classy kind of look to it. It's not odd at all. But the aluminum would make it look more executive. It's really what you would like the most as you're going to be spending a lot of time in it.

For me, I'm more of a sporty feeling, executive modern liking kinda guy. So it would be the aluminum.

Just my opinion though !

Thank you for your valuable opinion
I think I will go for the black /aluminium option as it's a standard trim of glc43
As I haven't seen the wood trim in real ,it hard to pick it even I also found it classy in some photos especially it's a no cost option
Also all my others cars have aluminium trim as I alway went for the sporty trim like MSport ,sline etc
It's hard to choose but I think I better play safe as you said it's a sporty looking car ,so better go for the sporty trim too
May be sorry but have to decide before the car is built

·
Registered
287 Posts
Oh see now you have an added cool factor. It plays into your prior colour combo/theme from your past vehicles. Glad I could help a bit :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
I went for the open pore black ash wood trim to combo with the black Artico trim. I have the Burmester sound system with the gorgeous aluminium speaker grills. Ignoring the headlining, this allows for only 2 colours to be used throughout the interior which gives it a very coordinated and sporty look. I could not have abided the piano gloss black free "downgrade" as it would have been a fingerprint nightmare and the surface is so soft you can scratch it just by staring at it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Piano gloss black is literally just like a "piano" in gloss black. Equally sensitive lol. You're meant to "dust" it without directly touching it. Only touch the keys and no part of the black itself. Once it's scratched, it sticks out like a sore thumb and there's no ignoring it either !

·
Registered
170 Posts
Piano black looks nice in certain combinations, but you can't touch it or risk leaving prints all over it and wiping it constantly is a pain. Really down to what you're willing to do to keep the trim looking good and what you want to see for years to come.

The pore black ash wood trim looks good too, just any dark trim is nice.

·
Registered
287 Posts
What if you were to wrap the black trim in a clear protective film ? That should essentially eliminate a lot of issues in terms of scratching and wiping away fingerprints

1 - 8 of 8 Posts