Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just ordered my GLC so thought I'd join up here to extol it virtues, curse its foibles and generally annoy people on here and give my wife a break for a bit :wink2:

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
Welcome Visa, GLC is a great car.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi Visa, congrats, you'll love the car, as will your wife! Haha yep, I stopped talking to the wife about it during my wait for it to arrive :)

What spec did you go for??

Graham

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Graham,

I've ordered a grey 63 with premium plus, black 21's, active assist, night and HUD for which I have been given an estimated March delivery date, which seems like ages away but hopefully MB can shave a few weeks of as the production line gets into the swing of things.

My wife is already giving me "the look" anytime I mention anything even car related so that's me put in my place

Paul

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hi Paul and welcome to the forum. I suspect you may be the first member here to have bit the bullet and ordered a 63. Consider yourself carried aloft on the virtual shoulders of your peers ;). Although you are from Essex I'd advise against driving in those white stilettos as the accelerator may be a tad too sensitive for the county's footwear of choice :D :D :D

Trev.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Trev,

It was a last minute decision as we were going to get the Macan Turbo but then my my wife saw a GLC and we heard that the 63 was available so we took the plunge.

Its always fun to buy a car that you can't test drive so I'm hoping the stilettos can stay :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi Paul and welcome to the forum. I suspect you may be the first member here to have bit the bullet and ordered a 63. Consider yourself carried aloft on the virtual shoulders of your peers ;). Although you are from Essex I'd advise against driving in those white stilettos as the accelerator may be a tad too sensitive for the county's footwear of choice :D :D :D

Trev.
I'm also from Essex, I don't drive in my heels, but I do find the tinted windows tone down the whiteness of my teeth >:):grin2:

Reactions: Toobad

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Graham,

I've ordered a grey 63 with premium plus, black 21's, active assist, night and HUD for which I have been given an estimated March delivery date, which seems like ages away but hopefully MB can shave a few weeks of as the production line gets into the swing of things.

My wife is already giving me "the look" anytime I mention anything even car related so that's me put in my place

Paul
Hi Paul.

Despite only having owned my 43 for a month I'm lusting over a 63 already. You've definitely chosen the best looking (and fastest :wink2:) colour! Looking forward to hearing what you think of it, in the meantime you may be interested in this if you haven't already seen it GLC 63s Review

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Paul.

Despite only having owned my 43 for a month I'm lusting over a 63 already. You've definitely chosen the best looking (and fastest
) colour! Looking forward to hearing what you think of it, in the meantime you may be interested in this if you haven't already seen it GLC 63s Review
Turns out I (unintentionally) specd mine the same as the press photo car, at least I know what it should look like, I guess.

Thanks for posting that video, thats the closest I'm going to get to a test drive before I get the car

One thing, in the video he demonstrates a button in the boot that lowers the car, is this standard, only can't seem to find any reference to it anywhere else

Cheers

Paul

Reactions: Draven

·
Registered
465 Posts
In the video he demonstrates a button in the boot that lowers the car, is this standard, only can't seem to find any reference to it anywhere else

Cheers

Paul
This facility is indeed standard on all models fitted with Air Body Control. If the electric parking brake is engaged and the transmission is in P, a tug on this lever in the boot will cause the rear of the car to lower by 40mm which can be useful when attempting to load heavy objects. Consider this scenario. You've gone over to Freeport Braintree and one of the factory outlets is doing fake tan at 75% off. You've bought a pallet's worth but you just can't quite get it over the tailgate lip. A quick flick of the button and you are on your way home with the next month's supply taken care of and at a bargain price to boot! ;) :D :D :D

Trev.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brilliant, I'll tell the missus, you can never have too much fake tan, or, teeth whitener come to that

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Member From Portugal

Hello,
I am from Portugal and I have a GLC250D since July 2016 and I am here to share my experiences.

Regards
Vitor

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
Welcome to the forum Vitorgic, look forward to your thoughts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just ordered my GLC so thought I'd join up here to extol it virtues, curse its foibles and generally annoy people on here and give my wife a break for a bit :wink2:

Cheers
Congratulations!!! I went basic....GLC300 4Matic and only one option...the paint color. Love, LOVE it so far...since I picked her up (I call her 'Nooch') at the factory in Stuttgart in late September. Working well on the snow in Germany. Good luck with your 63...I have a feeling you won't be passing many gas stations!!! ;-)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got the new that my son and his other half are expecting twins!! :surprise: :grin2:

So this has got me questioning if I have chosen the right car (it wasn't the first thing I thought of when he told me, I'm not totally heartless!) or do I need to go bigger.

Thinking maybe GLE Coupe or E class estate, 63s AMG models of course :wink2: just because I'm going to be a grandad doesn't mean I have to be a slow grandad >:)

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
Congratulations Visa, can always buy a roof box.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I never thought of that, so I checked with the mother to be.
She's not happy with you @Philamg, suggesting I put her babies in a top box

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
I thought all Essex babies travelled in a top box Paul, must be "false news" :laugh:

·
Registered
37 Posts
C. Congrats Visa and welcome to the forum.
Cheers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts