Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just ordered a new GLC 250. This will be my third Mercedes.
The first one was a 2009 C class, I replaced that one with a CLA200 and now ordered the GLC as replacement for the bouncing CLA.
Besides the Mercedes I am also a big fan of 50's US cars. Untill a few years back I owned a 1958 Oldsmobile, cruising at best.
My other hobby is a flight simulator. A fullsize Boeing 737-800 cockpit. Also a great hobby.

Now back to the GLC. I live in The Netherlands and cars are expensive here. So unforgently its not fully loaded.
But still I think I covered most of my wishes. In the Netherlands we do not have big lots like the USA. Most cars here are ordered at your specs.

- Mercedes-Benz GLC 250 4 matic 211 bhp with 9G-tronic
- Designo Hyacinth Red
- AMG exterior
- 19" black / grey AMG rims
- Heat and sound reduction glass
- Tailgate chrome trim option
- LED ILS lights
- Panoramic sunroof
- Exclusive interior with black leather seats and ambiance lighting
- Dashboard leather
- Black ash wood and alu trim
- Keyless-go
- Burmester sound system
- Full Electric seats driver and passenger
- AUDIO 20 + Garmin MAP PILOT (would preffered Command but to expensive)
- Touchpad
- Parkpilot with 360 camera
- Mirror folding and light package
- Active lane keeping assists
- Atice blindspot assist
- Red seatbelts

Delivery will be september first. This because of the operational lease contract of the CLA.
Gonna be a long wait :frown2:

Regards,
Dennis

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Welcome FooFighters, the wait will be worthwhile the GLC is a great car.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Enjoy when it finally arrives, it's still a very good spec.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Did you do a petrol test drive as I could only do one in a diesel version? If so, how was it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I drove 2 GLC's before ordering.

The first one was a GLC SUV. Standard version with 250 petrol engine, standard suspension, 18 inch rims.
The drive was very good, suspension very comfortable and engine sound almost non extintent. I was very impressed.
The engine has enough power and torque and works great with dynamic select. Especialy in comfort en Sport mode.

Because I want an AMG exterior I also tested another GLC 250 (and it was Hyacinth red, big fat bonus for me).
This one had the 20 inch (better looks than the 19) and sport suspension. Unforgently a lot of comfort was lost (the biggest reason I want this car).
I do not know what had more impact, the 20's or the sport suspension (probably the latter).

Eventualy I choose the 250 with standard suspension and 19 inch rims (black and grey).
I thought about air suspension but I already maxed my budget. And because I bought this car I also think air suspension can be a big expense when it breaks down.

p.s. what color did you choose ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Same reason I didn’t choose the air suspension, things like that feel as though when they go wrong it’s a big problem. Mine is going to be Selenite grey.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts