Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just want to know what people think of the vibration through the steering when wandering over white lines. compared to other models i find it very faint. sometimes not noticing it on rough roads.

·
Super Moderator
1,154 Posts
Not certain but believe it can be adjusted in the menu, may be wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not certain but believe it can be adjusted in the menu, may be wrong.
Ive looked everywhere In the book etc. When I mentioned it when the car went in for some snags to be rectified all the dealer did was to reset it. I think it is what it is.

·
Super Moderator
1,154 Posts
Not got my car at the moment but will have a look when I get it back next week.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Agree with OP comments, the Lane keeping warning vibration of the steering wheel is rather ..er subtle. OK on highways (smooth, good quality asphalt) , but on "b" grade roads with constant suspension movement it is almost undetectable.
I am not aware of any adjustments to the strength of the wheel vibration, on the system menus. (well, not owner accessible...perhaps a Dealer could adjust)

Via the system menus, you can adjust the behaviour pattern of the warning vibes though.

Below quoted from a USA version of the operators manual in PDF format, that I acquired:

Standard
When Standard is selected, no warning vibration occurs if:
- you switch on the turn signals. In this event, the warnings are suppressed for a certain period of time.
- a driving safety system intervenes, such as ABS, BAS or ESP®.

Adaptive
When Adaptive is selected, no warning vibration occurs if:
- you switch on the turn signals. In this event, the warnings are suppressed for a certain period of time.
- a driving safety system intervenes, e.g.ABS, BAS or ESP®.
- you accelerate hard, e.g. kickdown.
- you brake hard.
- you steer actively, e.g. swerve to avoid an obstacle or change lanes quickly.
- you cut the corner on a sharp bend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts