Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Appreciate any suggestions on tyres for general driving in the south England. Done 23k on manufacturer tyres with uneven wearing on front tyres. Car is used mainly for leisure and rarely driven in extreme conditions thus good ride quality is probably top priority followed by grip during wet conditions.

· Registered
511 Posts
I've recently come off my free replacement Michelin Latitudes fitted to suppress the crabbing issue. They were done in only 18,000 miles :( Kwik-Fit had a deal on 4 Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres. As they come highly rated in the reviews, I thought they were worth a punt. The ride is now noticibly smoother (even though I already have air suspension) and I also find the road noise to be quieter with this different tread pattern. I cant comment on the braking as thankfully my driving has been more anticipatory than reactive so far. Longevity is also supposed to be impressive according to the reviews.

Michelin CrossClimate SUV Review

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've recently come off my free replacement Michelin Latitudes fitted to suppress the crabbing issue. They were done in only 18,000 miles :( Kwik-Fit had a deal on 4 Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres. As they come highly rated in the reviews, I thought they were worth a punt. The ride is now noticibly smoother (even though I already have air suspension) and I also find the road noise to be quieter with this different tread pattern. I cant comment on the braking as thankfully my driving has been more anticipatory than reactive so far. Longevity is also supposed to be impressive according to the reviews.

Michelin CrossClimate SUV Review
Thank you! I’ll definitely look into them.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update - got the CrossClimate 2 suv tyres. Overall very happy with purchase. Most noticeable is lower tyre noise on motorways. There’s a stretch of particularly noisy road on south west corner of M25 which was unbearable with OEM tyres. With Michelin tyres fitted the drive is much quieter.

· Registered
3 Posts
Appreciate any suggestions on tyres for general driving in the south England. Done 23k on manufacturer tyres with uneven wearing on front tyres. Car is used mainly for leisure and rarely driven in extreme conditions thus good ride quality is probably top priority followed by grip during wet conditions.
Try Bridgestone Alenza , wear better and quieter than run flats and has same speed rating

1 - 11 of 11 Posts