Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there,
Just bought a GLC350e 4Matic hybrid.
I drive it from Belgium to Portugal, around 2000km.
When entered Portugal I started to push the car a bit more and for some reason I found that the car loses power when climbing. It loses a lot! In one big highway climb it came from 120km/h to 80km/h. I tried to push the accelerator but it didn’t responde… was so weird and dangerous…
Question: is this a normal behavior when we press full pedal? Does the car cuts power by default?
There wasn’t any error message or light on the car.

Took the car for a check and no error found…
Any suggestions? Help…
Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Last service was done in February 2022. I did I check up on the car (connected to that scanner) and it didn’t show any error… that why I’m wondering if this is a normal behavior…
It is likely you have a problem with the speed limiter.
it is one of the most common mistakes of diving new age C class. Check your manual carefully I have had this happen to myself. Even a 40 year multi vehicle driver can easily engage the speed limiter.
I have personally rescued 2 experienced drivers who were crawling g along the freeway in “emergency panic” having bumped the cruise control into speed limit mode.
Don’t be embarrassed !

Some more reading here

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is likely you have a problem with the speed limiter.
it is one of the most common mistakes of diving new age C class. Check your manual carefully I have had this happen to myself. Even a 40 year multi vehicle driver can easily engage the speed limiter.
I have personally rescued 2 experienced drivers who were crawling g along the freeway in “emergency panic” having bumped the cruise control into speed limit mode.
Don’t be embarrassed !

Some more reading here
Good day!
that’s great info! Thank you very much!
Actually that was my first thought when I faced the problem… I will try it again but I’m almost sure that one of the times the car limited my speed to 80km/h and with the speed limit off.
I quite didn’t understood why the car does not allow me to use full gas (accelerator fully down)…I press it full but it does not increase, just stop at 4000 or 3000 rpm…
Does the car adjust always the speed according the traffic signs if speed limit is ON?

I will definitely double check the speed limit tip.
Thanks a lot!
Fernando

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good day!
Actually that was my first thought when I faced the problem… I will try it again but I’m almost sure that one of the times the car limited my speed to 80km/h and with the speed limit off.
I quite didn’t understood why the car does not allow me to use full gas (accelerator fully down)…I press it full but it does not increase, just stop at 4000 or 3000 rpm…
Does the car adjust always the speed according the traffic signs if speed limit is ON?

Thanks a lot!
Fernando
Good day!

Thanks a lot!
Fernando
Hi Sean,
I tried many things, all speed limits off and I still feel weird acceleration not normal behavior…
If I go up hill a bit I feel the car loosing power. If I press the accelerator harder it does not responde. I have to relief the accelerator and press again… I really don’t get it.
it can be some programming on the accelerator behavior, it can’t be normal o would say.
Any additional comments here?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Fernando

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem. 2018 GLC300 / 4matic with 31,000 miles. Cruise set at 72 mph, losing speed down to 60 on flat freeway. Engine went into emergency mode and coasted to side of road. Check engine light ( and many others) on. Restarted, limped home. Mechanic reset check engine light, replaced battery, and updated software (MED40, VGS, ESP modules). Said the only fault was “ B1F4500 “ starter motor resistance. Next day, "inoperable" warning came on. Had to stop twice in the first mile from home to reset. engine did not quit but chugging heavily when trying to limp into my driveway. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the same problem. 2018 GLC300 / 4matic with 31,000 miles. Cruise set at 72 mph, losing speed down to 60 on flat freeway. Engine went into emergency mode and coasted to side of road. Check engine light ( and many others) on. Restarted, limped home. Mechanic reset check engine light, replaced battery, and updated software (MED40, VGS, ESP modules). Said the only fault was “ B1F4500 “ starter motor resistance. Next day, "inoperable" warning came on. Had to stop twice in the first mile from home to reset. engine did not quit but chugging heavily when trying to limp into my driveway. Any thoughts?
In my situation there was no light or alarm. Checked by the scanner, no errors found.
Im
Suspicious about the transmission upgrade needed…

·
Registered
3 Posts
In my situation there was no light or alarm. Checked by the scanner, no errors found.
Im
Suspicious about the transmission upgrade needed…
So my GLC 300 had several codes. One $ after another $$ after another $$$. The last one seems interesting. Fault code PO23711. boost pressure sensor has a short circuit which is describe in a technical bulletin as the wire harness is routed in such a way that it rubs against the engine bracket. It says that if this happens it shorts out. Repair and route the wired differently. Apparently Mercedes knows it was poorly designed and fails but is not interested in recalling or standing behind their engineering.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Like I noted above, have them inspect that wiring harness. The hole in the out protective sleeve was minuscule. My problem was intermittent and took about 8 months from first instance of the problem to when it was "bad" enough to throw off a code and check engine light. That all said, mine is running better, but no guarantee they finally got it fixed for the long run. Good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
That sounds terrible for a new to you vehicle.
But be assured it has saved you many more $. Turbo failure is always expensive, it is literally the hottest most stressed part of the modern ICE I am not reallya big fan of high tech safety modes. OLD people will remember fuel throttle chokes that needed manual adjustment DURING driving, and keen engineers often adjusted their own fuel and ignition timing for seasons. So Newer and possibly younger drivers can just "start and drive" with nearly not knowing what is providing power and locomotion.

You will be good friends with your MB dealer, Now is a good time to set them straight on your expectations.
I personally am about to explain that I want NEW disks for my 2020 GLC 200 and I'll see what they can do to meet my expectations.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts