Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my glc has just been in for a service B and had a red advisory that there is “excessive play nsf lower balljoint” two questions
1. should MB have allowed me to drive the car away? is it safe
2. how did it pass an mot only 4 weeks ago?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Did your GLC suffer from the Crabbing Fault?

If it did Crab, Judder & Bounce - maybe this fault has resulted in the Ball joints wearing out?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Tony, yes the car suffered severely with the crabbing issue, steering knuckles where replaced under warranty.
I’ve been back onto the garage and the ball joint is getting replaced on Friday.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Excellent news John 👍

Is this work being done under Warranty?
How old is your GLC - mileage?

When we started discussing the Crabbing fault 5 years ago, owners were concerned this faulty, harsh & aggressive behaviour might damage and impact steering components. Sounds like the concerns might unfortunately be correct😑

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes replaced under warranty which I extended.
Jan 2017 with 30000 miles looked after washed weekly to extreme not driven hard and not being a mechanic but the type of vehicle it is with use and mileage should not need ball joint yet so points to crabbing putting stress on components. Before I told service department I had warranty they did say Mercedes as a good will gesture would pay half for the ball joint replacement.
My gripe at moment we bought Stargard and before anyone says “shouldn’t have done that” I did I never get extended warranties usually but this is an expensive outlay for us and we wanted to look after it. anyway back to gripe there is no way the paintwork still has any protection sold as never need polish etc need to call Stargard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts