Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my 2019 GLC 300 4MATIC Premium SUV and I love everything about it. It’s my 20th overall vehicle and first luxury vehicle. There are a few things I wanted to see if other members know much about. I’ve already decided I’ll be taking my car to a certified MB service center for A/B services but I was looking at lower cost options for other services including alignments, tire rotations, and wiper replacements. Has anyone else switched out their run-flats for conventional tires? Does it matter where I have alignments/tire rotations & balances done? Is there anything special about changing the wiper blades? I ask because the price of Perelli run-flats is pretty steep, I can purchase a lifetime 4 wheel alignment from Firestone for the same cost as a single alignment done at my local MB service center, and $74.95 seems RIDICULOUS for a wiper blade installation when I can purchase Bosch brand wipers for around $30 and do it myself. Thanks in advance for replies!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats on your new car! If you are confident enough to install your new Bosch wipers, so nothing to worry about. Most know how to replace blade wipers. But, the blade has various hook designs and I do not personally know how to replace the blades for 2019 GLC 300 4MATIC Premium SUV.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Simple once you know how, position wiper blades so vertical on screen, pull wiper blade away from screen and rotate bottom of blade up as far as it wants to go, grab the plastic moulding on the end of the wiper arm and push upwards (will only move if wiper blade is fully rotated), the wiper blade should then pull away towards the screen. Reassembly is, as usually said, the opposite of the dismantling process. If not sure how to stop wipers in vertical position it tells you how in car handbook.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts