Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current GLA owner getting ready to pull the trigger on ordering a GLC (coupe?) and thinking of holding out for a 2019 in case the awful infotainment system gets updated. I'm leaning toward the Smartphone package over Multimedia in the current 2018 options.

BUT MB announced the new MBUX system at CES yesterday (I'm new, won't let me post a link). It's confirmed for A-Class on release, also GLC Fuel Cell....BUUUUT regular GLC? Pretty please?0:) Anyone hear anything? I've asked my dealer to check into this as well and let me know when 2019 ordering guides are likely to show up.

·
Registered
467 Posts
In Europe the new A-Class with the Mercedes-Benz User eXperience interface debuts this Spring. You will be getting an A-Class sedan fitted with MBUX in the autumn. I suspect the system will also appear in the new EQC when it breaks cover later this year. I would expect all 2019 C-Class cars to offer MBUX when the order books open in autumn purely so their market share is not eroded by a technologically superior A-Class. Anybody looking for a quantum leap forward in connectivity and the autonomous driving experience would do well to hold out until MBUX is available. Here's the link you couldn't post:

Mercedes-Benz User eXperience announcement

And here's an article with some photos of the new dash:

MBUX at CES

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Only worry with it for me is that it uses HERE mapping system, had this on discovery sport and it was rubbish.

I can't open your bottom link Toobad.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Ultimately you will have to wait for more information on the roll out of this tech because right now they didn't give enough of a timeline, still more that can be mentioned if you ask me. depending on how big/small the A-Class could be I might go for it instead of the GLC.... never had a real need for the GLC's space.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I can't open your bottom link Toobad.
Neither can I now, Phil! Anyway, here's another link that also contains a video of the system in action although I think this particular configuration is intended for the S-Class:

MBUX demo at CES

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Looks really good, a lot better than command system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks @Toobad! Though not the news I was hoping for. I'm planning a trip to Europe and want to do European Delivery (like on my GLA). I'm targeting a July trip. I'd be willing to wait until later summer if indeed the MBUX would be available, but I couldn't delay much later. Like @CRNCYX I'd be willing to consider an A, but it probably wouldn't be big enough for my needs. Champagne problems, I know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts