Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I've been stressing for quite sometime on how to fix my beautiful car. I got hit the other day by a driver (Minor Damage) and my rear bumper plastic trim has been misaligned. I wanted to check on here if anyone had any luck taking off the rear plastic trim? Technically i just need to push it back in, however it being misaligned i tried pushing it in but had no luck. Therefore i felt that i need to take the whole trim off to push it back in.

Please let me know your thoughts,

Kindest Regards,

Mikes

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,154 Posts
Looking at the picture I would guess there is a clip missing, they break easily.

Reactions: GLCMikes

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would think it all clips together and the clip that holds this together has broken.i would say the only way to fix it will be bumper off.heat can also make it easy

·
Super Moderator
1,154 Posts
If it is a moulded lug you will need a new bumper, I had the bumper knocked off and it is clips that hold it, they are designed to break before the bumper does.

Reactions: GLCMikes

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it is a moulded lug you will need a new bumper, I had the bumper knocked off and it is clips that hold it, they are designed to break before the bumper does.
Oh i actually though it would just be the trim clips but never thought about the actual bumper being damaged :crying:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would think it all clips together and the clip that holds this together has broken.i would say the only way to fix it will be bumper off.heat can also make it easy
That is understandable, hence why when i pushed the panel and trim together nothing happens. Probably take the bumper off this weekend, cheers!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
if you google images glc rear bumper lower you will see from the images that it is a moulded lug that pushes through a a slit in the main bumper. Deffo bumper off to repair, if lug is broken you may be able to mod it. some times there not broken and you just cant get the correct forces to get the lug to push into the slit but you can with the bumper off.Hope this helps its not a big job to take the bumper off. looking at the picture my money is on it will repair and the lug is just misaligned to the receiving slot.

·
Super Moderator
1,154 Posts
Mike

I would take the car to your dealer, they can tell you exactly what is wrong and how much they will charge to fix it, mine was in a much worse state (hanging off) and the cost of repair wasn't too bad.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Correct if you don't know what your doing take it to the dealers, unlike me who has 20years experience as a panel beater sprayer id do it myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts