Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Mercedes-Benz's GLC is undergoing a mid-cycle update and the facelifted small luxury SUV was spied roaming around with its front bumper and headlights hidden under a layer of camouflage. Photographers even managed to take a picture of the prototype’s interior.

First appearing on showroom floors in 2015 as a 2016 model, the GLC has rapidly become an important model in Mercedes’ lineup with 48,643 units sold in the United States alone last year. With how we’ll the current gen-GLC is doing, Mercedes may be somewhat hesitant to change too much of a good thing, thus the small area that’s under revision.

Probably still in the early stages of its facelift, only the headlight, grille and bumper is hidden. From what little we can see, the headlamps feature a new daytime running light design, most likely using Mercedes’ latest Multibeam LED technology.

CarScoops claims the “biggest aesthetic revisions can be found inside”. From the looks of it, the updated GLC will be sporting a larger infotainment screen and a new touchpad in the center console, similar to what you’d find in the updated 2019 C-Class. Shame the A-Class’ advanced dual-screen system won’t be making an appearance.

Not only will the 2019 GLC receive an aesthetic update, the 2.1-liter diesel engine in Euro-spec models will be replaced by a 2.0-liter unit delivering 195 horsepower. Keep an eye out for the updated Mercedes GLC when it hits the market next year followed by the States.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I have a glc 220d sport premium plus on order in the uk. It’s going to be arriving 3rd week of September.

I’m getting regular updates from the dealer. Still doesn’t have the build number but he has emailed me to confirm the car will be built to 2019 spec, and has sent me a little meaningless list of differences (nothing tangible). I have asked him to confirm what this actually means but he doesn’t seem to be able to confirm anything yet. The information regarding the 2019 spec came direct from merc though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I have a glc 220d sport premium plus on order in the uk. It’s going to be arriving 3rd week of September.

I’m getting regular updates from the dealer. Still doesn’t have the build number but he has emailed me to confirm the car will be built to 2019 spec, and has sent me a little meaningless list of differences (nothing tangible). I have asked him to confirm what this actually means but he doesn’t seem to be able to confirm anything yet. The information regarding the 2019 spec came direct from merc though.
I'm in a similair position - GLC43 AMG Coupe on order due by the end of September and to be 2019 spec.
Apparently the centre screen is bigger, the touch pad is revised, the dials are revised and minor changes to front and rear bumpers.
The dealers have had notes on the changes since Mid May apparently.

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
I'm in a similair position - GLC43 AMG Coupe on order due by the end of September and to be 2019 spec.
Apparently the centre screen is bigger, the touch pad is revised, the dials are revised and minor changes to front and rear bumpers.
The dealers have had notes on the changes since Mid May apparently.
A bacward step in my opinion, they should have got rid of the touchpad and retained the wheel, not the other way round.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have got a GLC 250 Premium Plus and toys on order from Derby with an Oct date and was told through my dealer it would be the new model...fingers crossed it is....but why does it not show that on the UK Mercedes website? Surely if we are buying the new model we should be choosing those options not old ones?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a GLC 250 petrol, Premium Plus on order with an estimated delivery by end of September. Spec shows model year 809. Would this be a 2019 facelift model? If so I quite like the wider infotainment screen but would miss the click wheel replaced by just a touch pad which I am used to on my C Class.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Agreed. There are too many ways to do the same thing on the GLC, still love it though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting I ordered my petrol in March for a June delivery.

Since then it’s has been delayed several times, now due for final inspection this month.

Dealer has blamed new emissions testing etc, no mention that it may be 2019 spec rather than what has been ordered!

Wonder when the merc website will be updated?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I placed an order last week for a GLC Coupe, and the dealer tells me they are waiting for confirmation of a December build slot for a mid to late January delivery. Must admit that I hadn't realised that a 2019 update was coming, so do you think I am likely to get the 2019 version ? Will they still be making 2018 spec cars in December ?

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
The update will not arrive in showrooms until the middle of next year.

·
Registered
149 Posts
More info from our UK cousins.
Looks like the GLB, a SUV, based on the A-Class platform might be on the roads mid 2019.
It will sit just under our GLC’s.
https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/news/165010/new-mercedes-glb-2019-prices-specs-and-on-sale-date?_mout=1&utm_campaign=carbuyer_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

Who knows when it might get to Oz shores, maybe late 2019 with supplies coming first 1/4 in 2020 ?
Be interesting to see which factory complex, in which country might be making the RHD version.
Hopefully the tyre crabbing issue will be eradicated, and not be seen as a ‘characteristic”.
​​​​​​​Could be an interesting earner for the Brand.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Interesting sales figure for US and the GLC.
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1120821_mercedes-holds-onto-us-luxury-sales-crown-in-2018-despite-decline

Mercedes-Benz managed to retain its top spot in the sales charts for luxury cars in the United States in 2018, a year that saw most brands report lower sales than the previous period.

Mercedes was included in the list of brands that reported lower sales, with its 2018 tally minus commercial vehicles coming in at 315,959 units, down 6.3 percent on 2017's numbers.

Popular models like the C-Class, GLE and GLS saw the biggest declines in 2018, likely because updated or redesigned versions are either reaching showrooms now or arriving shortly, meaning many buyers may have held off.

One model that saw a substantial rise in sales was the GLC, which experienced a 43.3-percent increase in sales to end the year at 69,727 units, making it Mercedes' most popular model for the year.

I wonder how sales figures were in Oz and UK for the GLC ? In 2018.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mercedes ME installed today.
MY2016 build state.
Very quick action by service dept and follow up by service advisor who knew how to activate.
Works well, just have to get used to it, all data at this stage on App on phone. Will see if i can link to Command syst.
Find parks, find car, remaining fuel lt in tank, time and distance travelled, etc ,etc.
Well done Mercedes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts