Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I thought that I would do a little comparison of the Mercedes-Benz GLC against the BMW X4. The two are direct competitors. Note that we don't have all the information on the GLC, so there is more depth that this can go into once that information is released.

Mercedes-Benz GLC Specs

MSRP: $60,000
Engine: 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder
Power: 241 HP
Torque: 273 lb-ft
Transmission: 9-speed automatic

BMW X4

MSRP: $45,650
Engine: turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 24-valve inline-6, aluminum block and head, direct fuel injection
Power: 300 HP
Torque: 300 lb-ft
Transmission: 8-speed automatic with manual shifting mode

It appears that the X4 is going to out class the GLC in performance. It has better power and torque than the GLC. It is worth noting that both models come in higher trim levels that give more exciting performance figures though.

The news that the X4 is a better performing vehicle is one thing, but when you consider that the X4 starts at $45,650 and the GLC starts at $60,000 you can't help but feel a bit more drawn to the X4 given that value proposition.

Once the GLC Coupe comes out, the two vehicles will be very similar in terms of design. I don't think that you can say that one is better than the other. It really just comes down to what your taste in design and brand is.

As I said, the GLC hasn't released all its info yet, but when it does we can do a more in depth comparison of the two vehicles. I am a little taken aback by the difference in prices though. That will prompt me to do some thinking about which vehicle is best for me.

·
Registered
412 Posts
value of the X4 is indeed right up there and tough to pass up on
one thing you can bet on is those looking for status with one of these would be more likely to go with the MB

·
Registered
8 Posts
Starts at $60K? All of the info I've seen says the GLC will start at about $40K.
The X4 starts at $49K and fully fleshed out it goes past $60K. Where are you getting these numbers?

Dan.

p.s. The GLC is a direct competitor to the X3, NOT the X4.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Starts at $60K? All of the info I've seen says the GLC will start at about $40K.
The X4 starts at $49K and fully fleshed out it goes past $60K. Where are you getting these numbers?

Dan.

p.s. The GLC is a direct competitor to the X3, NOT the X4.
I believe he was writing exclusively about the GLC coupe...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
value of the X4 is indeed right up there and tough to pass up on
one thing you can bet on is those looking for status with one of these would be more likely to go with the MB
Do you say that because the Mercedes costs more or because it also looks more prestigious? Or both?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts