Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thankfully this isn't some sort of "scandal" that'll make them do buy-backs and all of that craziness so it's not too bad. Do you feel differently towards MB and their diesels now though?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really do not know.
No one in the Corporate world recalls that many cars at significant time and cost, not to mention the 'fear' factor without 'reason'.
So my 'jury' is out on that at the moment.
I am however worried that VW owners have reported lots of issues after they have had the software fix. Again, could be co-incidental timing and people looking for problems, but ? Again the MB issue may be totally different. Not suggesting any wrong doing, maybe ignorance at the time and with better thinking and technology have now identified a short coming.
As I said, I love my GLC, love the power and the fuel economy.
However hate the tyre crabbing when cold and wet on our RHD unit.
Time will tell.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are the current summary of UK recalls for MB.

R/2017/096 MERCEDES BENZ A Class, B Class, C Class, E Class, GLC, CLA & GLA starting current limiter may overload
R/2017/179 MERCEDES BENZ A-Class, B-Class, CLA & GLA vacuum line brake booster may break
R/2017/177 MERCEDES BENZ A-class, B-Class, E-Class CLA & GLA airbag may not deploy correctly
R/2017/161 MERCEDES BENZ CLA (117), GLA (156) left window airbag may not deploy as intended
R/2017/160 MERCEDES BENZ CLA (117), GLA (156) left and right window airbags may fail to deploy as intended
R/2017/162 MERCEDES BENZ CLA (117), GLA (156) right window airbag may fail to deploy as intended
R/2017/161 MERCEDES BENZ CLA (117), GLA (156) left window airbag may not deploy as intended

Air bag reason, Mercedes-Benz is recalling more than 1000 A-Class, B-Class, E-Class, CLA-Class and GLA-Class cars. But that’s not the only Mercedes-Benz recall this month – almost 5000 cars are being recalled over potential brake failure.

Meanwhile, 75,000 other Mercedes-Benz models across the range are being recalled because of a potential overheating and fire risk – although this problem is only said to occur when the engine has already seized up and the driver is attempting to start it – so it’s a low risk problem.

In the scheme of things, numbers are small and so far minimum impact here in Oz.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts