Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Mercedes-Benz does a lot things really well in their vehicles, but like many automakers, the infotainment system is pointed out as a problem time and time again. So Mercedes-Benz has taken another run at their infotainment interface.

The changes are revealed in the interior of the new 2017 E-class. This model comes with 3 different infotainment and instrument display packages. The base version has dual-circular instruments flanking a 7.0-inch display that sits in front of the driver. There is also a 8.4-inch display that is in the middle of the dash.

Upgrade one level and you keep the conventional looking instrument cluster, but are rewarded with a center display that grow s to 12.3-inches.

The top-of-the-line option gets rid of the fixed instruments and replaces them with a second 12.3-inch display, "creating a an ultra-widescreen display like that of the S-class, although there are still a few hard buttons on the center stack for the HVAC controls."

The other big change is the addition of new touchpads. This gives you three ways to control the main infotainment screen: steering wheel pad, center touchpad, and scroll wheel.

Read more on the system here. --> Benz?s New Infotainment Interface Test-Fingered, Well, Thumbed Actually ? News ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

·
Registered
170 Posts
Did they reworks the whole dash to accommodate the top-of-the-line option? It looks great in the rendering but has anyone seen pictures of it in real life? Also, wondering how much each option costs.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I think that this massive screen styling is going to proliferate quickly. its in some of the hishest end vehicles, and will be moving down market fast. Its in all the concept cars.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Tesla is lucky to have got in early on a new interior design trend throughout the industry. McLaren I think is one of the first to do this with supercars:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haven't heard muh about McLaren's though. Has anyone experienced it or have a review/?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I haven't but I can't imagine it being as engaging and feature packed as Tesla's is. Just look at how basic it is, as with a lot of supercars meant to be driven.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts