1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
71 Posts
i remember reading that a little while ago. i think it would do very well in North America since 4x4 pick up trucks are so common. many people who never need a truck, leave the city, or do anything with it, well, they own a truck.

Reactions: 2112

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think it would do very well in North America since 4x4 pick up trucks are so common. many people who never need a truck, leave the city, or do anything with it, well, they own a truck.
Agreed, I think it could be a quite lucrative move for them. In the UK a current tax loop-hole allows a double cab to be claimed as a business vehicle (if it can carry a 1000kg payload), so high spec versions with full leather, cruise, sat nav etc are offered by the manufacturer's to exploit this. Could do well.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I really don't think we have a "luxury" pick-up ... This would take the market by storm being in it's own class

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It could really be a big hit for MB if they pitch it right, the problem they have will be trying to hit the market in the right 'segment' to ensure success. If it's luxurious enough to be exclusive (and carry the high MB price tag) but at the same time go far enough down the 'entry level' scale to attract buyers on a tighter budget that would normally have gone for a Toyota or VW for example. The marketing and specification people will be very busy getting this one right.

·
Registered
287 Posts
That is very true ... but what if they introduce an entry-level base, but an AMG edition to go with it ? Like the C-Class and then the C63 AMG

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting pictures of 'it', it's been well disguised so you can't pick out many styling marks. You can see the bonnet is a bit like the GLE (well it looks like that to me) but the rest looks fairly generic. In the third picture it also looks like the rear load area tapers down from front to back which would be a bit odd, although it could just be the camera angle ? It's difficult to get the size of the thing but it looks very much like Hi Lux/Amarok/Ranger size to me, but it's tricky to tell ?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Extremely hard to tell much about it because of the disguising. They did a good job unfortunately. The grill areas look a bit off-putting to me.. But the rear load area does look like it has that effect to it. Sizing wise I think you're right, seems Ranger sized.

·
Registered
287 Posts
That actually looks pretty on-point as to what it could look like. Seems to flow the same way, and up to the times

1 - 13 of 13 Posts