Mercedes GLC Forum banner

Mercedes GLC 220d 2015 - Secondary Battery

4K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Tony Mac 
#1 ·
Hi all, I am having the malfunction issue as stated on a previous forum chat. But where is the second battery in the above model? Is it in the boot/trunk?

#2 ·
The Auxiliary Battery is not a physical battery - it’s a Large Capacitor that provides energy for the Stop / Start function.

This Capacitor is located under the passenger side footwell - there’s a excellent thread on the Forum by Toobad that explains how to change this component.

I was seeing the same Warning message and someone suggested checking Fuse 448 - in the floor of the boot.

After simply removing and reinserting the same fuse 448 - the Warning stopped for me and has not appeared since - amazing and definitely worth trying

Good luck

#7 ·
Hi Tony the part was from Newcastle Mercedes who are on eBay (was from the article/discussion you sent to me). The part cost £100 they vary in price you can get cheaper ones but they are around £80 - £120.

The hardest part is keeping the carpet pulled back to access the screws on the plastic that shields the voltage converter. The carpet has a thick insulation on but other than that it’s ok.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.