Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to hear from any members who have had compared Macan owernership with the GLC. I had (UK) a GLC in 2016/2017 but had decided to change my current car (not a GLC) later in the year for a GLC coupe. However the new Porsche Macan looks nice (although more expensive) and has really thrown me into a bit of a tiz.

Members thoughts or comments appreciated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a Macan for 3 years after a Touareg (great car). I did 90,000 miles and can honestly say that after about 3,000 miles I couldn’t wait for it to go. Unless you live right near a dealer (which I don’t) getting it serviced and returning it for its regular warranty work was a pain. The leather on the steering wheel disintegrated after a year with Porsche making a big thing out of it even though several forums have similar posts about the leather. The black plastic outer door pillar covers cracked after 18 months and had to be replaced, again only after Porsche reluctantly agreed. Whining from the front drive train drove me up the wall, but Porsche said it was normal. Those and several other items aside (including having to take the car to the dealer for adblue refills because the electronic guage has to be reset by them), having spent another £20k on top of the Touareg I was expecting a lot more in terms of functions, but actually all I got was a badge and that wasn’t enough by a long chalk. No, I didn’t like my Macan. Anyway, the GLC is more what I was expecting from the Macan and so far has performed very well. The dealer is far more down to earth and doesn’t feel the need to look you up and down before talking to you either. That said, the Touareg was the best of all and had its latest model not grown in size I’d have gone back to one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
....... the GLC is more what I was expecting from the Macan and so far has performed very well. The dealer is far more down to earth and doesn’t feel the need to look you up and down before talking to you either.
Just out of interest, which dealer are you referring to?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Basingstoke Mercedes, just speaking as I found.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts