Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Mercedes-Benz unveiled a new infotainment system called MBUX at the 2018 Consumer Electronics Show (CES).

Short for Mercedes-Benz User Experience, MBUX has the ability to learn thanks to artificial intelligence, which means it can be individualized and adapts to the user. The system is also designed to be future-proof by supporting over the air (OTA) updates. MBUX will enter series production in 2018 in the new A-Class, found in the high-resolution Widescreen Cockpit with touchscreen operation, navigation display with augmented reality technology plus intelligent voice control with natural speech recognition. Like other modern devices that support voice recognition, MBUX can be activated by the words, 'Hey Mercedes.'
Read more about the Mercedes is Finally Updating its Infotainment System at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Why do all car manufactures insist on doing there own thing. "Hey Mercedes" why not integrate Alexa or Siri. I'm sure they could come to some sort of licensing agreement. Let companies that are good with software do it....Still, at least it's not running Windows (I assume)..

I do like the look, I have to say. Just make sure it's definitely a high res screen..

Reactions: rhei55

·
Registered
61 Posts
It runs on Linux I believe.

I'm definitely not a fan of how they've "integrated" the wide screen but the interface does look good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
One day i hope.. I can say Hey Mercedes fetch the contact infos from Siri.. or Hey Siri ask Hey Mercedes how much fuel is left in the car....

Need to make more money and get ready to switch up the car and SUV to next version of when it is available to next S class or GLE...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts