Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mercedes Me app shows my brake linings are low but there is no warning within the car system itself and my car was last serviced end October and then the rear brake squealing issue mid November, ( assumed they changed the pads but not 100% certain now ). I'd have to check the mileage but will have driven no more than 1000 miles since service.

The warning came on not too long after the service but I had 'phone battery problems at the time and deleted all non essential apps until Apple replaced my iphone a couple of weeks ago. Downloaded the app, logged in and the message still there.

Any ideas before I ring the dealer who will have no idea and ask me to bring the car in?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I know this is thinking outside the box so don't berate me to within an inch of my life. I realise this would be like a throwback to some Victorian workhouse but have you considered crouching down beside each wheel and actually looking at the brake pad thickness? Other than that there may be an app you can download that checks the validity of the Mercedes Me app. >:) >:) :laugh:

OK, with tongue now completely removed from cheek, I can tell you that at just short of 16,000 miles Red Ken's pads have 11mm of material left on the fronts and 8mm on the rears. The Digital Service Report is supposed to record the minimum allowable thicknesses but this hasn't been done in my particular case.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know this is thinking outside the box so don't berate me to within an inch of my life. I realise this would be like a throwback to some Victorian workhouse but have you considered crouching down beside each wheel and actually looking at the brake pad thickness? Other than that there may be an app you can download that checks the validity of the Mercedes Me app. >:) >:) :laugh:

OK, with tongue now completely removed from cheek, I can tell you that at just short of 16,000 miles Red Ken's pads have 11mm of material left on the fronts and 8mm on the rears. The Digital Service Report is supposed to record the minimum allowable thicknesses but this hasn't been done in my particular case.
:laugh:Yeah that was the first thing I did Toobad, hands and knees job on a gravel drive, pads look fine so bound to be a software issue. Too **** cold at the minute to go out calipers in hand to measure though! About -7 C last night :surprise:

Thinking about it I'm pretty sure my service report didn't show disc thickness either, will look later.

·
Super Moderator
1,154 Posts
My service report showed nothing, not even tread depth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts