Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Due to pick up my GLC300D premium any day now.

However I have a snag, the deal I took out is for an MY 20.5 and the car that they have ready is a MY20 does anyone happen to know the difference between the My if any?

Many thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
The my 20 was a major update to styling, engines and MBUX, dont think there will be much, if any noticable, difference from a my 20.5. Is the the 20.5 even available yet as it's usually later in year when updated.

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
Agree, 20.5 will not be available until much later in year, normally after factory shutdown in Germany .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Am keen to know the difference between MY20 and MY20.5 as well as no info about this on the web.
Apparently my new GLC 300 is MY20.5 version.

·
Registered
48 Posts
This is purely a guess, but launch MY20 models had specific launch packages and there were some minor limitations (e.g. MBUX has no gesture control). Is MY20.5 just removing the launch packages and perhaps adding those MBUX things back? Does your car have gesture control?

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is purely a guess, but launch MY20 models had specific launch packages and there were some minor limitations (e.g. MBUX has no gesture control). Is MY20.5 just removing the launch packages and perhaps adding those MBUX things back? Does your car have gesture control?
Just checked last nght..no gesture control :-(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am curious if Buzon 02 got the right car (MY 20.5). How do I find out the MY (20 or 20.5) from the car chassis or documents? Expecting a new GLC 220d soon. thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
Would be surprised if yours was a 20.5, they are built after the shutdown in Germany, not sure if changed due to Covid.

Buzon02 would definitely not got a 20.5 4 months ago.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I spoke to my dealer out of interest and the MY20.5 is definitely orderable in Aus but is essentially the same except for some very minor body changes and a question mark about some MBUX features. He said the "Innovation Pack" was expected to be an option/included but he hasn't seen a floor model yet. From googling this pack only adds the Augmented Reality, gesture control, and fullscreen navigation in the centre dash compared to my MY20 model.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’ve just ordered a 300d as replacement for my 2018 250d and asked this question. The answer I got was there is no difference in specification but there was a price increase which differentiated the 20 to the 20.5

1 - 10 of 10 Posts