Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
MY17 GLC 250d
7 Posts
Have just acquired a MY17 GLC 250d. I'm a long term car enthusiast and tend to modify every vehicle I own. I'd be very interested in the Speed Sign recognition and also how to obtain Car-play integration.

Also WA based. More info to come when I've investigated the VIN and decoded it.

For those wanting (@ Aussie Dave) to know exactly what you have relating to your Merc use Free online Mercedes-Benz VIN Decoder : MBDecoder and it'll provide great detail.

·
Registered
MY17 GLC 250d
7 Posts
Hi Westsurf, I tried the decoder using WDC## but it came up vehicle not found
MY17 my Mercedes has 6/17 on the compliance and sadly vehicles with compliance 9/17 had apple car play built in.
I have seen utube videos where you can replace the screen with a 10 inch diagonal like the newer models how ever you loose some of the functionality
(control via steering wheel etc)
I have not altered anything so far but having had it now for 4 years I am ready to alter a few things on it
(or trade it on a new 22 model which I have driven at Barbagello race way couple months back)
Dave there are other VIN decoders … you can google them and see if your vehicle details turn up. I’d avoid using any based in Russia though.

The car I’ve acquired has just above 15,000 Kms on it and just out of warranty so modding has no issues in my mind. Driven by an old man to the shops basically.

9/17 huh? Damn I may be one month early as my build is 8/17. I’m more likely to install the Carplay adaptors rather than the Android screens.

Have to take it over the pits to get WA rego and then I’ll start on my usual cosmetics including tint, rims, new front grill, lighting changes etc. It also needs some minor scrapes resprayed.

Then move onto the usual engine tuning and start hacking the OBD systems.

Looking forward to it as it’ll be my first Euro modded car and daily until I order, hopefully, a M2.

·
Registered
MY17 GLC 250d
7 Posts
Yes it’s actually an ex NSW country car so it has lived Doing trips into Sydney on occasion. Two hours each way. So no concern on particulate filter.

Yes everything I’ve discovered suggests it’s a NTG5 unfortunately (7 inch screen and Vision 20 in VIN details). I think my only option will be the aftermarket add in box for CarPlay. However I have just ordered a MagSafe phone holder. I may find that could be enough.

Re suspension no AMG line. I’ve been driving a Subaru Liberty GT Spec B, as mentioned significantly modified, and it’s suspension is quite firm so I find the Merc totally acceptable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts