Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
GLC Urban Edition - 2018
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

The GLC Forum has been so helpful to me over the past 24 Hours as there is so much expertise /useful information so I have Joined as great place to share information

I am loving the GLC Urban edition and enjoyed my 100 Mile trip home from Lookers Mercedes Brighton back home.....HOWEVER, I think I have got a few bits wrong:

1. I thought the GLC Urban had Front Parking Sensors but looks like I was wrong (What is the Front Sensors on the photo below please?)

2. Condensation build up on both Front lights (Photo attached) - Is this a repair job under the waranty

3. There are 4 x Brand newish Tyres (Vredestein Quatrac 5) fitted and the ride felt good. Do I still need to follow up with the ongoing issue with the full lock?

4. does anyone have a PDF version of the Operations Manual for the Urban Edition as there was not one in the car!

thanks in advance

Josh

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello everyone

The GLC Forum has been so helpful to me over the past 24 Hours as there is so much expertise /useful information so I have Joined as great place to share information

I am loving the GLC Urban edition and enjoyed my 100 Mile trip home from Lookers Mercedes Brighton back home.....HOWEVER, I think I have got a few bits wrong:

1. I thought the GLC Urban had Front Parking Sensors but looks like I was wrong (What is the Front Sensors on the photo below please?)

2. Condensation build up on both Front lights (Photo attached) - Is this a repair job under the waranty

3. There are 4 x Brand newish Tyres (Vredestein Quatrac 5) fitted and the ride felt good. Do I still need to follow up with the ongoing issue with the full lock?

4. does anyone have a PDF version of the Operations Manual for the Urban Edition as there was not one in the car!

thanks in advance

Josh
View attachment 3501

View attachment 3500
1. Front sensors are just blanks. They would normally be parking sensors but they are non-functional
2. Condensation is sometimes an issue with light units but it shouldn't be that bad. Is it the same in both units? If so it indicates a potential problem that might lead to water ingress.
3. Can't comment on the tyres as mine are Pirellis. I don't get the juddering on full lock on my current 2019 GLC that I did in my old one (2017). If you don't perceive a problem even in cold weather you should be ok.
4. Sorry, can't help you with a manual

·
Registered
5 Posts
For the manual the easiest option is to download the phone app. If you search for “Mercedes-Benz guide” in the relevant App Store you should find it. You can then select the GLC guide and you’ll then shave an interactive version of the manual

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hi Josh and congratulations on getting your Urban. Condensation forming inside the headlight units is perfectly normal. It is simply a function of the temperature and humidity so will not be present on every occasion. In fact your attention is drawn to the phenomenon on Page 115 of the Operators Manual, a digital copy of which can be downloaded in PDF format from this link:

Mercedes-Benz GLC Operator's Manual

Your Vredestein tyres are all-season tyres and do a very good job of masking the tyre skipping design fault of the earlier models. As these tyres wear down the skipping will start to manifest itself. The only true solution the mitigate the problem is replacement steering knuckles so I would pursue this avenue with Lookers or your nearest dealer. I think the modified knuckles were fitted as standard at the factory from about November 2018 onwards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts