Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I'm being incredibly dumb here but when inputting a postcode with only one digit after the first two letters EX1 for example I can't find an easy way to get to the upper line to put a space in which seems stupid . The only way so far is to click on the manifying glass and then return and the cursor is in the right place to put the space in but that seems to be stupid to me I keep thinking there must be an easier way . Any help greatly appreciated .
Andrew

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Not an expert Andrew but but just tried EX1 on the post office postcode finder and it adds a 0 after the 1.

What is the full post code you are trying to put in?.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Maybe I'm being incredibly dumb here but when inputting a postcode with only one digit after the first two letters EX1 for example I can't find an easy way to get to the upper line to put a space in which seems stupid . The only way so far is to click on the manifying glass and then return and the cursor is in the right place to put the space in but that seems to be stupid to me I keep thinking there must be an easier way . Any help greatly appreciated .
Andrew
Hi Andrew

In the list of characters that you can choose from there should be one that looks a little like an underscore but with a small vertical line on either end. Selecting that should put a space in where you need it.

If that's too vague I'll try and take a photo for you later!

Cheers.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Draven The Underscore with the small vertical line does as you say put in a space, I was just trying to find an easy way to get to it. You can't seem to go up to that line from the line with the letters and digits for the code without clicking on the manifying glass and then hitting the return button which seems daft to me.

Andrew

·
Registered
263 Posts
Which map version do you have?
I've just tried it and the underscore symbol is on the same line as the letters and numbers, mine is latest ver 12.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Lons Mine was updated in November so I presume it's the latest , the paperwork says Europe 2018 V12.0 , but the symbol for the space is definitely on the upper line and there must be an easy way to get to it ,loads of post codes only have one digit after the first two letters .

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi Andrew

Strange! I'll have another look tomorrow and try again as it was on my way out, if I'm wrong I need to go to Specsavers.:surprise:

From memory when I inputted EX it automatically added 1.1 so I just pressed 1 then underscore and it offered me a long list so chose one at random and was somewhere around Exeter.

If I were you I'd check that the dealer has actually installed v 12 by going into your settings and looking at the map version. Mine said they had updated to latest maps and apparently told Mercedes that as well because their records listed as installed and linked to my chassis number....but they actually hadn't done it so I created a fuss. See the recent posts on map updates.
https://www.glcforums.com/forum/202-electronics-audio-lighting/6436-euro-maps-update-comand-2.html
cheers
Bob

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
When I put EX1 in it gives a long list of postcodes beginning EX11 etc same as Andrew cannot click underscore without clicking on magnifying glass. Mine is definitely version 12 as I had same trouble with dealer as you Lons.

I remember not long ago when with the BMW sat nav you could only put in 6 digits not 7, sat navs have improved a lot over the years.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Phil Nice to know it's not just me .

Andrew

·
Registered
263 Posts
Forgot to look yesterday so checked this morning and I'm wrong about the space button being on the same line but still have no problems using it as follows. Note that I use the wheel rather than the touch pad most of the time.

1). I input EX and it displays EX11 the 11 being white
2). I then press the number 1 and it changes colour to yellow same as letters.
3). Then push the wheel upwards towards the dash and the curser automatically goes to the space button which I pressed, the space is entered and curser goes back to numbers line
4). I then entered a random number and letter

The whole thing takes just a few seconds and no need to use the search / magnify button and from memory I'm pretty sure it was the same on my previous map version.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Lons Absolutely right I was pressing down instead of pushing thanks for that , I've had the car for a year but two weeks ago was the first time I really used the navigation so I'm still learning .

Andrew

·
Registered
263 Posts
No probs Andrew, I've had mine 13 months and still haven't allowed it to self park.:smile2:

cheers
Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts