Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 GLC300 4MATIC
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based in Portland, Oregon, United States. Just bought a Certified Pre-Owned 2018 GLC300 4MATIC in Lunar Blue with Silk Beige interior. Vehicle has the Premium Package, Multi-Media Package w/ COMAND Navigation, and the Parktronic Package. We love, love, love this car!

I joined the community to learn and ask question. A few things are currently on my mind:
  1. I can't figure out how to use Parktronic! We had a 2021 loaner for 2 days and I figured it out on that one, but can't figure out how to engage it in our 2018!
  2. I am worried that the engine is running a bit warm. The temp gauge is past the midpoint, creeping up on the higher end.
  3. My start/stop seems to have stopped working, but the button light is still green. I actually hate this functionality, but I want a car that works properly!
Thank you in advance for the advice, ideas, and banter...in this post and my future posts!

·
Registered
35 Posts
J, I have a 2018 AMG 43 but have so pretty much the same vehicle more or less. The parktronic is a bit weird and hard to engage. I have only used it 2 or 3 times as it scares me to death....it moves way too fast for my liking and I prefer to park it myself. I'd watch a youtube video if I were you to see how it works....kind of hard to explain to be honest. My engine is different but runs past the half way mark on the gauge if that helps. Never had trouble with the push button start stop but if you don't like it; the button pops of and you can use your key as normal..from my understanding that is. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2018 GLC300 4MATIC
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
J, I have a 2018 AMG 43 but have so pretty much the same vehicle more or less. The parktronic is a bit weird and hard to engage. I have only used it 2 or 3 times as it scares me to death....it moves way too fast for my liking and I prefer to park it myself. I'd watch a youtube video if I were you to see how it works....kind of hard to explain to be honest. My engine is different but runs past the half way mark on the gauge if that helps. Never had trouble with the push button start stop but if you don't like it; the button pops of and you can use your key as normal..from my understanding that is. Hope this helps.
Thanks for sharing with me! On the Parktronic, I have watched YouTube videos, and I feel stupid that I still can't figure out how to engage! It was so easy in the 2021 loaner, but no so in this 2018!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for sharing with me! On the Parktronic, I have watched YouTube videos, and I feel stupid that I still can't figure out how to engage! It was so easy in the 2021 loaner, but no so in this 2018!
No problem; maybe it is a 2018 model issue.....ours came on to my surprise and then I looked it up to see what the hell it was. Then tried it which took many tries and then scared the crap out of me. In Europe there is very little space so parking is a challenge.....for a large city in Europe the GLC is quite the bear to park with little margin for error.

·
Registered
2018 GLC300 4MATIC
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never had trouble with the push button start stop but if you don't like it; the button pops of and you can use your key as normal..from my understanding that is. Hope this helps.
One other thing, the start/stop problem isn't the button to turn the car on/off, its the automatic shutoff of the engine when stopped at a stoplight that isn't working any longer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oh, I would consider myself lucky on that one. I turn mine off almost immediately to be honest......there is so little fuel savings compared to mechanical wear (IMO)....its not worth the trouble. You are in the US and fuel is cheap.....let her run I'd say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts