Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my new GLC finally arrived on Friday and so far I’m very impressed. My brother had a new GLC delivered last month with the same specification as mine apart from the tow bar and air suspension. He has driven mine and noted that the air suspension seems far better than the steel springs variant.

The only question I have is my wheels are the same as my brothers and indeed my dad who again has the same vehicle but both of them have Good year run flats and mine has Pirelli verde which are non run flat.

Should I speak to the dealer or is there no difference (my dad had his tyres changed under a warranty claim due to crabbing and premature wear)

Any advice would be welcomed. I do tow and have previously had run flats on numerous BMW cars.

Matt

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Glad you got your car, are the pirellis all season tyres, if they are they will be fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Phil,

It doesn’t say all weather just has Pirelli Scorpion Verde on them.

How do you put the specification at the bottom of your profile?

Regards

Matt

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Hi Matt

If the tyres are all weather they should have M+S or M/S on them.

If you go into user CP at top of page and add your specification in the signature column on left of page.

Looking forward to hearing what you think regarding the car once you have put a few miles on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Scorpion Verde™ All Season is a Pirelli’s Green Performance Crossover & SUV tire that takes full advantage of the most modern resources, structures and tread patterns to guarantee savings, respect to the environment, comfort and safety on all road surfaces. The lateral stability and the traction on wet and light snow, ensure all season performances. Scorpion Verde™ All Season features the M+S marking engraved on the sidewall.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Phil,

Still unsure if they are all weather or not, can’t see any of the markings you suggested however there is a number of symbols including a fuel pump, eco marking and a leaf symbol.

Looking on Pirelli website then 2 types of this tyre is available an all season and summer version.

I will re contact the dealer tomorrow to see if they know which tyres they are as today they were unsure and would check with MB technical.

From 1st March the run flats are a no cost option however they increase the emmissions to 143 on my model. This wasn’t shared when ordering the car found out from the dealer today.

Regards

Matt

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Hi Matt

Run flats are stiffer walled than other tyres and the crabbing would be worse with them, steer clear.

If there isn't the M+S symbol on the tyres then they aren't all weather.

You probably won't have an issue with the crabbing at the moment with the temperature. It gets worse as the tyres wear and the temperature drops, even worse when cold and wet.

Take your car into a tyre dealer like kwikfit and ask them if the tyres are all weather.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So my new GLC finally arrived on Friday and so far I’m very impressed. My brother had a new GLC delivered last month with the same specification as mine apart from the tow bar and air suspension. He has driven mine and noted that the air suspension seems far better than the steel springs variant.

The only question I have is my wheels are the same as my brothers and indeed my dad who again has the same vehicle but both of them have Good year run flats and mine has Pirelli verde which are non run flat.

Should I speak to the dealer or is there no difference (my dad had his tyres changed under a warranty claim due to crabbing and premature wear)

Any advice would be welcomed. I do tow and have previously had run flats on numerous BMW cars.

Matt
Hi Matt and welcome.

Have a read of the thread “Tyers on delivery” at the foot of this page. I’ve had a similar situation to yours and posted some thoughts. There is mention on there that after 1st March they were being specced with Summer Tyres again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts