Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a new 2021 GLC 300 Coupe right before Christmas. Love it so far. Very smooth on the road (of course, my other vehicle is a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon so a freight train would feel smooth to me). Having a blast trying to to keep it clean. Already polished and waxed (twice) since I got her. Looking to do a few modifications to her, just having some trouble finding examples.

IMG_0880.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's a nice car. I am thinking of getting a similar one. But i do think its a little high on the back wheel. Waiting to see if anyone has any good advise. I want to buy the car but def, lower it if it wont be a total warranty void or make for a crappy ride.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same thing I am thinking. Would like to go a little lower all around. Just enough to close the wheel gap up a bit. Nothing too crazy and definitely nothing that will hurt the ride quality too much.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same thing I am thinking. Would like to go a little lower all around. Just enough to close the wheel gap up a bit. Nothing too crazy and definitely nothing that will hurt the ride quality too much.
I asked the dealer if I custom build could I select a non off road suspension but not in the United States. If you notice the 43 is lower. That’s about the height I want.
You lovin your car ? Anything you love or hate about it ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I asked the dealer if I custom build could I select a non off road suspension but not in the United States. If you notice the 43 is lower. That’s about the height I want.
You lovin your car ? Anything you love or hate about it ?
Haven't found anything I hate about the car. Love the way it looks and how you don't see yourself coming around every corner. Not a lot of them out there. I got lucky and found this one in North Carolina. It was on the boat about to hit the port in Georgia and the dealer made me a great deal on it. The ride height doesn't really bother me, though I would be open to lowering a little. Love the staggered look with the wider tires in the back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Haven't found anything I hate about the car. Love the way it looks and how you don't see yourself coming around every corner. Not a lot of them out there. I got lucky and found this one in North Carolina. It was on the boat about to hit the port in Georgia and the dealer made me a great deal on it. The ride height doesn't really bother me, though I would be open to lowering a little. Love the staggered look with the wider tires in the back.
Is this your first Mercedes ? I’ve never owned one before. Only two cars for ten years each. My first car was a maxima. My second and current car is my Acura TL. 223,000 miles and very little issue. Though from what I read it’s likely Mercedes May not be as kind. But I really can’t find a car that I feel like fits me when I sit and drive it like this car. Every car I sit in I don’t like.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is my first. I have owned quite a few cars - abut 20. This is by far the nicest one that I have owned. I am confident that if you sit in one you will love it. The build quality is superior to everything else that I have owned - including Audi and Volvo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It is my first. I have owned quite a few cars - abut 20. This is by far the nicest one that I have owned. I am confident that if you sit in one you will love it. The build quality is superior to everything else that I have owned - including Audi and Volvo.
I agree. I test drove so many cars from almost all brands. I was actually disappointed with Audi ans BMW Interiors. I never really liked Mercedes. Until last year I noticed they refreshed the headlights and some body styles and became interested. Then I saw the coupe. Reminded me a little of the Tesla roof shape which I liked.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We actually went to the Audi dealership right after driving the Mercedes for the first time. The Audi (Q5) felt very cheap inside in comparison.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Me too!! And I was shocked. I hear all this stuff about Audi but in the end it felt like sitting in a VW. The quality didn’t make me feel I was in a luxury car. Like when I was in the Mercedes. Plus I love the round vents. Reminds me of some old classic cars.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Awesome - you got an pictures of it?
sure.
It’s metallic graphite gray. So it actually changes color in different light. I just had the spoiler installed. I was excited too when I finally saw the red interior I had to have it. Is a dark cranberry red. Not garish at all. In a few weeks I’ll tint the front windows. I had them also install the acoustic side glass. Helps muffle the sound a little. There is a little wind noise on the highway but the glass didn’t eliminate that.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Beautiful car. I originally wanted a black coupe but I couldn’t get one in time. My TL was dyin.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my 2021 GLC Coupe as well. I've been driving it for a month and I am absolutely in love. I have one question: is anybody willing to share where people are mounting their Fastlane transponders? The windshield is so much smaller than my previous vehicle. I can't seem to find a good spot for it. Any recommendations?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts