Mercedes GLC Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,137 Posts
Yachtmaster, I have 19 inch wheels on mine with summer tyres and they are a nightmare. MB have given me a set of 20 inch AMG Multispoke wheels with winter tyres but I won't be putting them on until next winter. All reports on the 21 inch wheels with all season (BMW) tyres are that they are a great improvement.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So, you're saying you can't get all season 20" tires in UK?

·
Super Moderator
1,137 Posts
You can get them but MB UK won't authorise them for the 43. Hence they gave me a set of £4600 wheels and tyres, if they could they would have given me £800 worth of all season tyres.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hi K44ent, have you taken delivery of your car since your last post and has your tyres issue been resolved to your satisfaction? :smile2:
I am still running the standard 19" summer tyres and whilst I can get the car to crab on full lock during the cold weather it really isn't a problem for me. I have a written agreement from the dealer that I can have all season tyres fitted up to 19000 miles. So far at 1000 miles my tyre wear is even and now the weather is warmer the crabbing has all but gone.
I have owned a few cars that have done the crabbing thing, maybe not as bad as the GLC but pretty similar.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am still running the standard 19" summer tyres and whilst I can get the car to crab on full lock during the cold weather it really isn't a problem for me. I have a written agreement from the dealer that I can have all season tyres fitted up to 19000 miles. So far at 1000 miles my tyre wear is even and now the weather is warmer the crabbing has all but gone.
I have owned a few cars that have done the crabbing thing, maybe not as bad as the GLC but pretty similar.

That's good news! It seems like it doesn't bother you too much. As I mentioned earlier it probably wouldn't bother me too much if it is minor.
If I decide to go for a glc43 amg over a Porsche Macan gts (which is looking more likely) then I'll make sure I spec the 21" wheels.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts