Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,picked my GLC 43 up on friday night .I thought I would get some miles in so headed off to North Wales on saturday afternoon for an overnight stay then back home Yorkshire.
First impressions are that I love this car,when buying my choice was a little limited because the wife wanted an suv for the child & dog but not too big,I wanted some petrol power so this fitted the bill spot on.
While waiting the crabbing issues came to light and I was on fence whether to take the plunge or not initially,but I gradually came round to the idea and I'm glad I did.
The sound in sport + brings a grin everytime you put your foot down then back it off - I'm running it in honest.
I like a firm ride so for everyday driving I've got the individual setting of :
Suspension - Sport +
Steering - Sport
Engine. - Comfort
Eco - Off
Then just flick it into Sport + to have a play.
I've done over 600 miles in the last 2 days and it's been a nice place to be.
On sport+ the suspension is so comfy even with the 21's on.
Mpg wise 25 overall,the return 200 miles home 27 so very happy.
I got the 360 deg camera which is vey trick but the only thing I miss is the audible sound from the parking sensors,you have to nearly hit something before they beep and it's too quiet,I know you should be using the camera but I'm used to just using the mirrors and listening for the continuous beep,I can't find any setting to adjust this.
That's my only gripe and some slight crabbing.
Overall - loving it.

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Agree about the beep from parking sensors, should beep on each bar not just on last 2 and putting the bars for reversing in the roof above rear seats is just odd, could have been put at bottom of camera screen like the front ones are at the top. Not been near sport + yet, will put some mileage on first.

·
Registered
71 Posts
my guess is, with the rear parking sensor display, that it is above the rear seats to force people to look out the rear window. remember, parktronic IS NOT a substitute to looking out the rear window, nor is a 360 degree camera.

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Probably correct Mercedes but not aware of it being like that on other manufacturers cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newby to the Forum

Need some review feedback from new GLC43 owners. Why you choose the "43" rather than waiting for the "Big 63"

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Need some review feedback from new GLC43 owners. Why you choose the "43" rather than waiting for the "Big 63"
Welcome to the forum

No real reason, the 43 is more than powerful enough for me. Not owned a merc before but wanted something different to the other suv's on the market and as value for money the 43 fitted the bill.
Drove a land rover discovery sport prior to this, nice car but the merc is so much better built.
I am delighted with the car and there isn't anything else I would rather have at the moment unless I won the lottery.
If there is anything specific you want to know regarding the 43 (assume you haven't got yours yet) just post on forum and someone will help.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ty

For me the 43 is the best compromise,plenty of power/ fun and reasonable on fuel-plus the 63 isn't available yet.
I would think the 63 will be well into 70k which is way out of my price range,but each to their own.
After seeing the pics just released for the 63 it looks way more beefy.

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Apparently to cost from £64000.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Probably correct Mercedes but not aware of it being like that on other manufacturers cars.
Oh yes, I had a Diesel Jeep grand cherokee before and it had exactly the same system,(was a car largely based on the mercedes ML by the way, all the way to the entire mercedes diesel engine)
it had indicators in the roof too to see via rearview mirror. got used to it though. not a bad system.

·
Registered
182 Posts
When I ordered mine it was only a faint rumour, the only other models available were the 220d and 250d, thus for us it was an easy choice that it had to be the GLC43. If the 350d was available at the time it would have been a lot harder....If the GLC63 was available or confirmed at the time the want would have been high, but I think I would see sense and go for the GLC43 still.

This car is a daily driver for us. It does 300 miles per week on the school run alone. Whilst I'd love the 63 with its 4.0 V8 I wouldn't have like the additional fuel consumption etc....If I was in the market for a toy, then yes...But then again I'd get the C63 Coupe instead as that would be less of a compromised drive....

So a long winded way of saying that I got the GLC43 simply because the 350d didn't exist yet ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts