Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself quickly, ordered my first ever MB at the weekend, probably twice the amount I'd ever paid for a car too!
Gone for GLC 250 AMG Night Edition in Hyacinth red, with blind spot assist, carbon interior, android auto and the heads up display. I was amazed when the dealer said they had no stock models with a HUD, I have it on my current car and it's like the first time you had a car with electric windows - a MUST HAVE now.

Been reading a lot about the crabbing issues but didn't notice anything on the test drive so fairly comfortable with this aspect. Just got the expected 12 weeks build date wait now. Any tips on what to double check on delivery much appreciated.

Thanks
Stew

·
Super Moderator
1,137 Posts
Welcome to the forum Stew, your car shouldn't have the crabbing issue as it will have the new knuckles fitted.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hi Stew and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on choosing the fastest colour :wink2: Hyacinth Red really pops in the sunlight. In fact the tones will change from deep burgundy through to burnt orange depending the strength of the light on any particular day. My only gripe was the degree of orange peel deemed acceptable on modern cars. I chose to further refine the clearcoat with some further aggressive polishing in an attempt to flatten the surface. My orbital polisher was in contact with the paintwork for in excess of 12 hours over the first week of ownership, a task not for the faint-hearted. If you are into detailing, have a look at this thread:

How's everyone Getting Detailed?

·
Super Moderator
1,137 Posts
My selenite looks like dirty grey whatever the light.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!
Yeah they had a C class in the red in the showroom, certainly stood out. My last 3 cars had all been white so needed something different this time.
I do always wash and wax my cars, but that level of detailing is a bit beyond me Toobad! Admire people that do that though, makes such a difference to the look of the car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome Stewart
I had a 6 month wait for my GLC worth the wait you will love it

Keep an eye on the forum it has a lot of good info on here and very helpful people

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What sort of times did people wait from ordering to getting a build date on their GLC? Chased the dealer today, but they hadn't received any build date, seemed a bit odd..?

·
Super Moderator
1,137 Posts
I was given the date when I ordered in November, date was beginning of February and it arrived at dealers then and I collected March 1st. Can't believe they cannot give you an estimated build date when ordering, most dealers have build slots booked which they can amend to customers specifications.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Your delayed confirmation of the build date may be down to your choice of Hyacinth Red paint. I couldn't get a build date because the Bremen production line hadn't decided exactly when they were going to fill the robots with red paint to do the next batch. It varies due to demand for specific colours, some being more popular than others. Red Ken remained unconfirmed from December through to February then I was advised he would be at the Dealer in mid-June.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well finally got an update this week, due to the minor change they aren't making any more petrol ones at the factory and my order is cancelled, so I got my deposit back. Seems they have no idea when the minor change petrol will be available so they can't give me any idea about that either.

Back to test driving other cars I seems now, why it took them 2 months to make that decision is beyond me. Not really sure what else to look at, Jaguar maybe. What other ones did other people consider when looking at the GLC?

·
Super Moderator
1,137 Posts
Sorry to hear that Stewart, I saw that no petrols were available on the congfigurator - odd. Merc need to get their act in gear, my GLE (petrol) was due May 31st, then June 10th, then June 13th, now July 22nd. Not too bothered as I won't take delivery until 1st September but if it isn't available then will be looking around.

Had a discovery sport before glc, steer clear, really good roomy car but their forum is a tale of woe, jaguar is same company.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry to hear that Stewart, I saw that no petrols were available on the congfigurator - odd. Merc need to get their act in gear, my GLE (petrol) was due May 31st, then June 10th, then June 13th, now July 22nd. Not too bothered as I won't take delivery until 1st September but if it isn't available then will be looking around.

Had a discovery sport before glc, steer clear, really good roomy car but their forum is a tale of woe, jaguar is same company.
Thanks Phil, yeah seems an odd approach with the lacklustre diesel sales in the UK. I did test drive the E-pace before the Merc and enjoyed it but the main annoyance was the display screen was at the right angle to be hit by the sunlight so you couldn't see it! Saw some of the forum comments too, think I'll avoid. Off to look at a Volvo XC60 today, they look nice and come well specced too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts