Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day All,

I'll try & keep it short & sweet....
I was one of the first batch who brought the GLC in the UK - it was the Prem Plus AMG 250D AMG in Grey - at the time there was nothing around which fitted the bill for what we as a family wanted/needed the Toureg came close...
Well 42k was spent & we owned it for a while & although (for me not the wife) the 4 Cylinder sounded a bit rattily & felt a bit pushed to get the most out of the engine we like it a lot - it felt luxurious & although we had electrical problems(TTPS) it was a good car until someone left their hand brake off and smash! - it was never the same after...but now the V6 is in the UK - WOW! tick all the boxes this time Prem Plus AMG 350D in white, running bounds, night pack & uprated sounds! Merc gave(because of the hassles we had) a very good trade in think 36K & I handed over 12.5K so I was happy for a another brand new one!
Living with the V6 its feels like it should...not strained & by far quicker when needed...yes the MPG are noticeable but its outweighed, although the 250 was frugal compared to my old S-Max & the current V6.
Now I've had the GLC wrapped in Matte Grey(mainly for the Wife - yes the wife!)
I really love the GLC now - yes, I know all about the tyre issues (thanks to this site & google) but the all-weather tyres are doing their job & in the odd car park on lock you can hear them gripping more than the norm but other than that it a great 9/10! From me
Anyways thanks for reading (if you didn’t get bored!) PS might be worth a mention my weekend car is a Mustang Shelby GT 2007
Having a quick proof read – please don’t think this is a V6 is the BEST – rest are rubbish type of thing – this is only my honest opinion thus far!
Catch up on some gossip soon!
Stay Happy!

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome to the (seemingly small) 350d club!

I was originally going for a 250D after a testdrive. Thought it was excellent.
Didn't think it was rattly or anything. (though it may depend on what you're used to - my previous car was a rattly Kia diesel)

I was about to place my order, but then a mate of mine took me out in his 350d E-Class - and that experience made me ditch a few options so I could stump up the extra cash for V6.

Quick, very smooth, and surprisingly economical if you don't push it - regularly getting 45mpg

Such a shame they've ditched the 3.0 V6 from the model range now.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I certainly wouldn't say my 250d was at all rattly. Engine is a little rough sounding under hard acceleration but still pretty quick and I have no problems with the geearbox. It also tows my 1800kg twin axle caravan effortlessly.

My last 2 cars were Audi quatros and definitely favourably comparable IMO.

I bought my car as a 6 week old demo model because I wanted the dealership / manufacturer to take the financial hit, not me and I specifically wanted a high spec and importantly an electric factory towbar so very few to choose from at the time but had there been a 350d at the time I would have grabbed it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
G'day Kangaman and welcome to the forum. I'm guessing you're an Aussie slumming it in Essex. I hope you are making the Drizabone coat, Akubra hat and fake tan really work for you. :cool: Graham, @gb93616 is a fellow Essex Boy also running a white 350d so he's the best person to hit up if you have any model specific queries.

That matt grey wrap looks totally boss and certainly changes the whole look of the GLC. I believe Audi's Nardo Grey gloss wrap is very much on trend in the county at the moment but certainly won't compliment the tooth whitening efforts as much. :D:D:D. Looks like you got the wrap done in Colchester, I thought Yianni Charalambous at Yiannimize in Enfield was THE place to go. Perhaps your wife didn't fancy his signature rose gold chrome wrap. :eek::p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
G'day fella,

It's my 1st diesel so maybe the noise was more than I expected....lol

Glad you happy too! my experience was similar - took the 250 for a service & they lent me the 350 - well the rest is history as they say...

Its a great looking car & its feels luxurious - so why shouldn't the engine feel the same i thought!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the (seemingly small) 350d club!

I was originally going for a 250D after a testdrive. Thought it was excellent.
Didn't think it was rattly or anything. (though it may depend on what you're used to - my previous car was a rattly Kia diesel)

I was about to place my order, but then a mate of mine took me out in his 350d E-Class - and that experience made me ditch a few options so I could stump up the extra cash for V6.

Quick, very smooth, and surprisingly economical if you don't push it - regularly getting 45mpg

Such a shame they've ditched the 3.0 V6 from the model range now.
G'day fella,

It's my 1st diesel so maybe the noise was more than I expected....lol

Glad you happy too! my experience was similar - took the 250 for a service & they lent me the 350 - well the rest is history as they say...

Its a great looking car & its feels luxurious - so why shouldn't the engine feel the same i thought!:smile2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I certainly wouldn't say my 250d was at all rattly. Engine is a little rough sounding under hard acceleration but still pretty quick and I have no problems with the geearbox. It also tows my 1800kg twin axle caravan effortlessly.

My last 2 cars were Audi quatros and definitely favourably comparable IMO.

I bought my car as a 6 week old demo model because I wanted the dealership / manufacturer to take the financial hit, not me and I specifically wanted a high spec and importantly an electric factory towbar so very few to choose from at the time but had there been a 350d at the time I would have grabbed it.
G'day Fella,

Same as above about noise...:wink2:
I got(what i thought was a good trade in deal - otherwise I would have done a similar deal as you:wink2:) at the time the whole big SUV diesel thing was going around so happy here too! although you guys(everyone) appreciates this whole new car 40k+ car tax thing hurts a little!:frown2:
If you ever get a chance go for a spin in the 350 - really makes a difference IMHO...although I would be happy to live with the 250 if that's all I could get 0:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
G'day Kangaman and welcome to the forum. I'm guessing you're an Aussie slumming it in Essex. I hope you are making the Drizabone coat, Akubra hat and fake tan really work for you. :cool: Graham, @gb93616 is a fellow Essex Boy also running a white 350d so he's the best person to hit up if you have any model specific queries.

That matt grey wrap looks totally boss and certainly changes the whole look of the GLC. I believe Audi's Nardo Grey gloss wrap is very much on trend in the county at the moment but certainly won't compliment the tooth whitening efforts as much. :D:D:D. Looks like you got the wrap done in Colchester, I thought Yianni Charalambous at Yiannimize in Enfield was THE place to go. Perhaps your wife didn't fancy his signature rose gold chrome wrap. :eek::p
G'day Toobad!
Love the Banter! - was dragged up in Oz - now living the sea side dream in Harwich! lol

Thanks for heads up with regards to Graham! - appreciated:wink2:

Cheers for the 'boss' comment - I am beginning to really like the wrap myself now! - Yes Colchester - couldn't afford The Yianni treatment, but really happy with the end result I got (£1750):grin2:

Catch ya laters:cool: PS think I'm using the Smilies too much! PPS new to this forum business!:surprise:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

G'day Toobad, - Love the banter!

Yes indeed living the high life in Essex...Born London off to OZ back in Essex near the sea side - loving it!

Thanks for heads up Graham - appreciated!

Cheers for the 'Boss' comp - I like the wrap more & more now(wasn't too sure at 1st) - does show the dirt mind you! but looks different - like that...

Yianni - I watch the program - but sadly could not afford his status priced wraps now....lol

Catch you all soon! Laters

1 - 10 of 10 Posts