Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new here and purchased my 2017 GLC 250 AMG Line 4matic on Friday 2nd March 2018. The vehicle has the 20 inch wheels. I traded in my BMW X3 3.0D although I loved the engine, mechanics and iDrive on the BMW i was not impressed with its other features which were basic. I find that the GLC with the Premium Plus package has enough toys to keep me satisfied.
I am concerned however regarding tyre knocking at low speed turning which i only discovered yesterday first full day out in the vehicle. After reading the threads on this Forum regarding this known problem I will be contacting my Mercedes dealership where I purchased the vehicle to bring it to their attention.
Apart from this problem I am impressed with the vehicle.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. I assume you are in the UK but it is worth adding your location to your profile so any future activity is more targetted. Swopping your 250d 20" rims over to all-season tyres should be no problem, just be sure to get your Dealer to acknowledge the condition of your rims prior to the swop. Their tyre changing machine can cause damage so you should check for this BEFORE leaving their premises. This thread contains all the information you need to know:

The FREE all-season tyre swop

·
Registered
265 Posts
just be sure to get your Dealer to acknowledge the condition of your rims prior to the swop. Their tyre changing machine can cause damage so you should check for this BEFORE leaving their premises.
I would strongly recommend you take photos of each wheel and ensure the dealer knows you have them. You should also make sure you know of any other minor damage on the bodywork and examine the car properly on collection. Unless you're not concerned about swirls in the paintwork it isn't a good idea to let them wash it either, I make sure " DO NOT WASH" is clearly noted on the job sheet before I leave the car.

i have no experience of the MB dealers but have had damage from an Audi dealer both on a wheel and a minor dent on the bodywork and had to fight really hard on both occasions before they would admit responsibility.

·
Super Moderator
1,153 Posts
Welcome to the forum, good advice from Toobad and Lons. I actually insist that the dealer washes my car otherwise it stays dirty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Would be interested to know what tyres yours came fitted with and what the dealer changes them to - and of course if it works for you?

Did you get the 250 petrol or diesel? Interested to hear how the 250 petrol drives.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You'd think Mercedes would look into a widespread problem like tyre knocking at low speeds. Hopefully they'll issue a fix sooner or later and it won't be an issue later on. But it's good to hear that you enjoy everything else the GLC has to offer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
First off congrats on the truck and welcome. How many miles are on the GLC 250? Typically wheel noises associated with turning indicate bad bearings. Don't suppose you've been able to jack it up and see if there's any play in the wheels? Those heavier shoes are bound to wear out some components more quickly than normal.

·
Super Moderator
1,153 Posts
Nothing to do with bad bearings Caysen, known fault and admitted in UK by MB, happens from day 1 if delivery is taken in winter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts