Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new member here, and maybe a potential new owner in the near future. I work at a collision repair shop, and was fortunate enough to get to do a test drive on a 2018 glc 43 AMG, and fell in love with it immediately. The owner of the car has a lease and he will be needing to return it soon, and I am seriously considering purchasing the car when the time comes. I currently drive a 95 C220, I have had it over twenty years. I most likely will have this car(GLC) for twenty years also, and I am not scared of the price.

Was just curious if there are any owners on here willing to share their experience so far? Is there any reason why I should steer clear? I was chatting with a service manager at Mercedes that said the only real complaint he has is with the tires; some owners complaining that they get as little as 15,000 out of a set(seemed a little excessive; the owner of this GLC had 22,000 on the odo with the original tires, and they still had tread left). I have also read on here of the crabbing issue. This problem alone would not steer me away from this car, but I am just wondering if there are any other issues people have encountered that would be a deal breaker.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your input.

·
Super Moderator
1,142 Posts
Welcome to the forum, can you please fill in your location so we know where you are , some answers are market specific (crabbing RHD cars).
I have just got rid of my 43 after 28 months of ownership, it is a really good car but is completely spoilt by the crabbing issue which at present there is no solution for except winter tyres which mask the issue. Believe me DON'T underestimate how bad it is, it completely spoils the car hence my decision to get a GLE which with the same power + 22bhp battery is a joy to drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I didnt really notice any issues with this car during the test drive (its obviously a LHD, so maybe it avoided the crabbing issue). I did notice the GLE's had the extra battery, can you elaborate more on it? I was steering clear of the GLE just because the body style is not as much to my liking as the GLC.

·
Super Moderator
1,142 Posts
No problem with crabbing on LHD GLC'S.

New GLE450 has extra 48 volt battery, it adds 22hp to 367hp, battery is used mainly at low speeds to aid fuel consumption, I am getting better fuel consumption from Gle than I did on 43. I have always turned stop start off on all the cars I have had it on but leave it set as on on gle as it uses the battery to set off and is seemless.

Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
1,142 Posts
Not certain George but think it was added on 2018 models but stand to be corrected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts