Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Andy here, Bucks- UK, sorted out a deal on a new GLC last week for Reg on Friday so they got it in for the end of March, can’t wait now to get to the dealer to pick it up, 220d Amg Line + Premium pack, Polar White, 20” Wheels and Running Boards. It was almost nearly my decided spec if I’d done a factory order but also seems to be the sort of spec that lots of stock cars are made to ?

Have been looking on here for the last few weeks to gen up on the car once I had decided to go for a GLC rather than an XC60 and found this site, seen lots of useful stuff on here already.

Will no doubt have some daft questions once I pick up the car but looking forward to getting it and joining in where I can.

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
149 Posts
Big congratulations from Australia ����.
You will love the car. Also some links here on this site to USA forum that only has LHD. Cars are petrol. Some UK and Oz contribution. Also a good GLC site in Oz on Whirpool forum, not as well laid out as this or US, but a great group and info.
Everyone is keen to help and all questions are good, Try and read the online GLC manual, it was around 100 pages bigger than printed version, I think, when I last checked,
Cheers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Teckno,

Had a look over on Whirlpool, thanks, yes some good info but as you say not as structured as on here, and as this covers my home market variants this will be my GLC "go to". Looks like a great forum for owners.

I've been looking into and considering all the usual add-ons ready for the car arriving, Boot Liner with fold out protector for when our dog comes out with me, Rear Bumper Guard for all of top surface, an currently undecided whether to go for carbon look or SS with this, but I'm also def going to put some 3M clear film on all the corners, my current car has got dings and scrapes from people on literally every panel so it'll drive me nuts if the nice new MB gets dented or scraped in a car park. Would also like some Mud Guards ,on the front for sure, so the discussions on those are really useful, looks like the eBay version is as good as any for AMG Line cars.

Thanks.

Andy

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
Welcome to the forum Andy, let us know how you get on with your car, not sure if you saw top gear this week, it appears Volvo XC60 isn't as bullet proof as Volvo would have us think.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm currently using the boot liner and I cut down the rubber floor mat from My A6, liner not a perfect fit bu ok for the minute and does the job.
I've been thinking for ages about a bumper sill guard but just can't decide whether to just stick on some clear 3M wrap or go for one of the ABS versions. My car is blackline so stainless would look out of place.

My mudflaps came from China and are a perfect fit all round so worth the wait and I think at least one other member has bought similar since.

Enjoy the new wheels :smile2:

Bob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Phil,

Oooo, interesting, haven’t watched it yet but will do tonight now. And whilst I don’t know any of the detail around the very unfortunate incident in the States last week with the autonomous Uber Volvo, that has made me think I might not trust the systems as much right now if I had stayed with the XC as my next car. But the GLC has a fab quality feel to it anyway.
Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brilliant, thanks Bob, just re-read the Mudflap thread, will get some ordered as they look just the ticket.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, very excited as it looks like I'm off by train up to Harrogate on Saturday morning to go and pick up the GLC, can't wait to see it now that's been decided as the handover. Still can't decide what finish bumper guard will look best on Polar White, but the Boot Liner and Mudflaps are ordered.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still can't decide on bumper protector finish so have ordered a carbon look film to stick on that will suffice and stay, or will get replaced if I choose which ABS one.

Should be getting the car about 1300 tomorrow, very excited ! Then got a nice 1st drive back down the M1 for a few hours so am hoping to pull over for lunch/tea stops somewhere nice and get a few day 1 photos.

Will add any more comments on things into correct threads after this..

Andy

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
Enjoy Andy.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Which boot liner did you order Andy?
I'm still undecided about protection for the bumper, have got several saved in my list including carbon fibre film. I'm waiting for decent weather so I can use my new DA polisher first but the way things are we might not see the sun until August.:frown2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I ended up going for one called Carbon Form Low Liner, it looked to be nicely made and well shaped, also ordered their clip on/fold out anti-slip matwhich might give the dog some purchase getting in and out. As I said I’ve also ordered a bit of carbon effect foil to put on the bumper top face and lip, it might work it might not but was only £15 so worth a try as an initial fix. Will assess and post a pic of it when it arrives ....

https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php/boot-liners-mats/carbox_ls_mercedes_benz_glc_15_on_jv20_1087/[email protected],6M41V_VndbVhpeetSUTPXOKS67n.7sab3moaqc6af4YROmf9S.Alj8R3DrKwwfBvlr,UuG.RzD9j

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks Andy, not what I'm looking for though. I'm currently using the full liner from my last A6 that covers the sides and back of the seats but it isn't a great fit.
look forward to seeing pics in due course

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ahh yes, I think I know what you mean, I have a HatchBag soft plastic fabric full height liner in my Outlander, that's been excellent. Get out there with that DA, they're great !

Loving the new car so far, just been out to play with the light settings for ambient/find/get home. What a lovely car to drive. And got 50.4mpg (from the dash trip readout) over the whole journey back.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm lucky to get 40 mpg out of mine. Few long runs and heavy right foot don't help.:wink2:

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
Looking forward to a full report Andy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks Andy, not what I'm looking for though. I'm currently using the full liner from my last A6 that covers the sides and back of the seats but it isn't a great fit.
look forward to seeing pics in due course
OMG, How about this then ? look at what I've just found, :grin2: fancy "blingin" up the boot area at all ? Not sure if I'm shocked or impressed !

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-Special-trunk-mats-for-Mercedes-Benz-GLC-2017-2015-waterproof-boot-carpets-cargo-liner/32812048207.html

·
Registered
72 Posts
Is it bad that I like that (in black of course)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts