Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,
Paul from Staffordshire. My new GLC coupe arrives in a few weeks time and my wait will soon be over 😊
250d AMG Line + Premium pack, Obsidian black, 20” AMG Wheels and Running Boards plus Intel lights
Took me 6 months of test drives in various SUV’s to decide between cars which finally narrowed to an F pace or a GLC. The deal was done when the dealer close to me a got a great deal for a brand new car matching an 18 month old model they had just sold.
My first privately owned brand new car and I can’t wait now to get a confirmed date and to pick it up
I enjoy reading up on the interesting information on this forum and I’m sure Ill be contributing soon
Paul

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Welcome Paul, you have made the correct choice, steer clear of LR products, terrible build quality and customer service.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome Paul, I'm also from Staffordshire, Which dealer did you use? Some really good deals on the diesel GLC's at the moment. I had a 250d AMG line for a few month whilst waiting for my car and really enjoyed it, sure you will love yours.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Morning K44ent
I'm getting mine from the Walsall dealership, from whom (so far) cant do enough. I have another dealership much much closer but they really seem indifferent even though I'm a cash buyer. Whilst searching I did visit other dealers looking at used models and at one of these I was so thoroughly fed up with the service it forced me to write to MB UK and complain. It seems a company culture and then a salespersons personal attitude go a long way, won my loyalty that's for sure.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Running boards do look good, but why would you want to brush your trousers/legs against them every time you get out? I just don’t get it.

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Adam, you don't as you get used to them being there. Like saying if you have a mini and move to a GLC you will catch your legs/trousers on the door sill because it is higher, you don't because you lift your legs higher when getting in.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome Paul congrats on your first brand new car, excellent choice with the GLC. Don't think you would have been disappointed with the F Type either, as Jaguar has really stepped up their game. Glad to hear that a great deal was the deciding factor.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok. I guess. Still seems daft to have to change the way you enter and exit a car. It’s not exactly a high suv either, most of them seem to be getting lower in fact.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Side steps on Wagon GLC, looks nice, not practical, looking to have them removed.
Have GLC, Coupe as well and ordered with Steps deleted, best decision ever, so much easier for all members getting in and out. Especially for older, less mobile or agile ones, and those with hip replacements. Not sure re reaching into rear to fasten child care restraints ?
Personal choice, delete steps works for us.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Side steps on Wagon GLC, looks nice, not practical, looking to have them removed.
Have GLC, Coupe as well and ordered with Steps deleted, best decision ever, so much easier for all members getting in and out. Especially for older, less mobile or agile ones, and those with hip replacements. Not sure re reaching into rear to fasten child care restraints ?
Personal choice, delete steps works for us.
We have a different view Teckno.
I had the side steps fitted by the dealer as part of the deal because I like the look and felt they would protect the car a little from stone chips idiots in other cars who open their doors too far, all I still feel is true for me.

My wife had both hips replaced 2 years ago and although now very mobile she found my Audi A6 difficult to get into as it was low, the test GLC I drove was without steps and she found that ok but much prefers mine as she puts a foot one the step which helps. I don't have to ever think about how I get in and not yet in 5 months had dirty marks on my trousers.
As an aside my wife's Mini Clubman is low and also much more difficult for her to get in and out of.

I guess as you said it's personal choice.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Don't think you would have been disappointed with the F Pace either, as Jaguar has really stepped up their game.
I was momentarily interested in the F-Pace but having trawled the appropriate owner forums it became evident JLR were still being blighted by their legendary build quality. The main issue seemed to be one of door and panel alignment and cars leaving the factory with unequal gaps. It is a well known fact that the Mercedes development department put a cat in their cabins and leave it overnight. If the cat has suffocated by the morning, the car passes QA. Jaguar also use this process and if the cat is still there in the morning, the car passes QA. :D :D :D

·
Registered
265 Posts
I had a test drive in an F Pace because I always like the look but it felt flimsy and plasticy inside and there were several anoying rattles. The car had done only 1200 miles btw.
Put me right off!

·
Registered
15 Posts
My new GLC coupe arrives in a few weeks time and my wait will soon be over 😊
250d AMG Line + Premium pack, Obsidian black, 20” AMG Wheels and Running Boards plus Intel lights
Took me 6 months of test drives in various SUV’s to decide between cars which finally narrowed to an F pace or a GLC. The deal was done when the dealer close to me a got a great deal for a brand new car matching an 18 month old model they had just sold.
Paul
Exciting isn't it Paul, I'm picking ours up tomorrow, 220 AMG Line. Good luck and hope yours all goes Ok. I found the same variations in the dealers I spoke to. I ended up buying away from home but they were the guys who came up with a great price for a new reg one after I'd enquired about one of their del miles pre reg jobs. Is it ok to say they are Harrogate ?, they've been brilliant.

I also ended up with a short list but top of mine was the XC60 (but surprisingly pricy actually), then Disco Sport and F Pace last, reliability reports finished those 2 for me, 30k miles a year so I cant risk spending my life on a recovery trailer !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts