Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car went into the garage on Monday for 3 issues, one being creaking right rear suspension. The result is the right rear spring requires replacement, in order to do this both have to be replaced at the same time. I was led to believe this is a known issue as the garage had some information about it but no general recall. The car is less than 12 months old with only just over 3000 miles on the clock. I didn't notice any issue when driving the car, I first noticed it when I was getting out of the car and small creak would come from the rear, after a while I thought there must be something wrong - see video. https://youtu.be/FI9yg1lxUMg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this being fixed under warranty?

First time I’ve heard about this fault

Thanks
Tony
It most certainly is or I would be an extremely angry customer in the showroom!

Car is only 11 months old with very low mileage. Along with this issue I have also have rattle on the driver’s window which is also being looked at, parts have been ordered to hopefully fix the issue - the technician believes the door trim is slightly miss aligned which is causing a rattle / plastic knocking noise. Car is due its first service next month so hopefully the parts have arrived by then and it can be all done in one visit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ian:

Are you sure it is not a slight movement causing the creaking sound coming from the automatic parking brake application. My 2017 300GLC Coupe makes a small creaking noise from the rear when I exit from it when parked on a slight slope.

DeanLinAZ

·
Registered
36 Posts
Car went into the garage on Monday for 3 issues, one being creaking right rear suspension. The result is the right rear spring requires replacement, in order to do this both have to be replaced at the same time. I was led to believe this is a known issue as the garage had some information about it but no general recall. The car is less than 12 months old with only just over 3000 miles on the clock. I didn't notice any issue when driving the car, I first noticed it when I was getting out of the car and small creak would come from the rear, after a while I thought there must be something wrong - see video. https://youtu.be/FI9yg1lxUMg
Mine does this also. Mercedes says they see/ or hear nothing wrong

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ian:

Are you sure it is not a slight movement causing the creaking sound coming from the automatic parking brake application. My 2017 300GLC Coupe makes a small creaking noise from the rear when I exit from it when parked on a slight slope.

DeanLinAZ
No, it's not the parking brake; the garage has inspected it and say a new spring is required on the drivers side however, both need to be replaced as they are always done in pairs. I got the impression that MB are aware of an issue as the service department stated that the technician had referred to a document - I will ask when I take the car back in. It is booked in for the replacement on the 16th Nov, tying it with with the annual service to save numerous visits to the garage.

·
Registered
54 Posts
you sure it is not a slight movement causing the creaking sound coming from the automatic parking brake
My MY20 does the same thing. It's not quiet, but it's 100% related to the initial movement/settling and I just ignore it (my other car does something similar). If I bounce each corner when parked there's no sound at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts