Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

From Australia, not a penal colony any more, so no quips about stealing the GLC !!:grin2:

GLC250 Petrol, Polar White
Deleted side-steps which are standard in Oz
Option packs (as defined by Oz importer):
  • Command - Burmester Sound, Linguatronic voice commands, upgraded Nav systyem, larger screen.
  • Vision - Pano roof, HUD
  • Seat Comfort - more electric adjustment with memory, heated fronts, power adjust steering column,
  • AMG Line - 20" AMG wheels, sport suspension (non adjustable tho), body styling, AMG Steering wheel.

17,000 Kms on the clock so far. Fist service recently completed.

After 12 months, I think, I have been through every option in the displays and Entertainment system. Hit me up with a question.

No issues, except a minor rattle from back seats ..sorted myself, put some tape around the centre rear seat striker pin. (funny removed it just before service and she rattle no more...maybe because seats have been used and compressed the seat cushion .....speculation!!!)

cheers,
Phil

·
Registered
492 Posts
G'day Phil and welcome to the forum. Your spec is similar to what we call Premium Plus here in the Motherland. Interesting that you optioned heated front seats but I suppose on a winter's day parking the old budgie smugglers on cold Artico can be quite a shock to the system. :surprise: :wink2:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Welcome Phil you big soft Ozzie, fancy wanting a heated bum in the land where you're better off with an ice pack on the seat.:wink2: Only kidding, I know parts of Oz can get pretty cold. I remember a conversation with my brother who lives in Sydney when he was complaining that it can get as low as 10c in the winter, when asked if that made him change his shorts for long trousers his reply was " don't be stupid of course not"! It was 40c last time we were there - phew!!!

Whereabouts are you btw?

Bob

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Phil
Welcome
I'm the same as you new to the site but have been given a warm welcome and some great info
I have on order
GLC250D Polar White
Exclusive pack
Seat comfort pack
Apple car play
Del side steps
It has been so long now i have forgotten anything else it will be a surprise when i get into the car
My wife wants to know if i can mount a fan under her seat to keep cool i don't think we will ever use the heated part of it but wanted every thing else that came with the option
When i get mine i'm sure i will have lots of questions

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi folks, thanks for the welcome replies.
@Toobad & @LONS yeah, the heated seats may be a bit of a overkill, from your view of the world .....however our perception of hot vs cold is relative ...so after 40 degree C, days in Summer, when you get down to 5 degrees ..it feels **** cold. lol. ...but yeah, nothing compared to your neck-of-the-woods.
We've gone soft !!! ..paradise does that to ya' !!! ;-)

In OZ, the local distributor packaged options it specified "packs" ...the Seat Comfort pack included heated front seats ...so if you wanted the other features you got heated seats as part of the package.
Luckily, I have not worn said 'old budgie smugglers' for a long time
.....for fear of scaring small children and worrying the neighbours!!
....something one of our ex-PrimeMinisters should have done.!!
The AMG Line pack included all leather seating, so no dramas with a shocking outcome. Only nat-u-ral for this baby!!

Luv driving the GLC...I just look for a reason to go for a drive!!
Luv the sound system, luv the lack of noise in the cabin, luv the Linguatronic Voice control ..they need to widen the scope of what you can control ....pretty much limited to Media, Telephone, Radio and Nav functions. would be great if that was extended to Heating & A/C, and also selection of the other vehicle systems screens. ...maybe next model.

The only ...minor, negative I have is ..the harshness of the suspension. Only on large bumps..it appears to run out of travel real quick and thumps hard on the bump stops. I hold that, the run flat tyres are a large contributor to this.
When my current Bridgestone Dueller H/P ..wear out ...I will be fitting standard tyres. I carry a bottle of tyre repair goo and 12v compressor in the back, so should give similar or better options over run flats ...at least in OZ ....where 50kms ..is not very far ..at all.

Another thing, in Oz the cost of the run flat tyres were V E R Y expensive ..at time of delivery of my GLC, Feb '17, $700-$800 per tyre and availability was very limited. This has now improved somewhat ....some brands available, still quality at $350-$400, more ranges available at the $500 level. Even in the capital city tyre places though, stock on hand is not guaranteed. Out of the main cities it would be order and wait situation.

Phil.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome Phil.
Great to see you accessing this site. Lots of good info for RHD types like us and friendly contributors.
If you are ever coming to Melb, PM me for a catch up.
Agree re steel suspension.
Seriously considering different springs or shockers once out of warranty ?
Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Phil,

Both the sport suspension and the runflats makes the harsh ride.
I tried a GLC250 with standard suspension (no air ride) and 18" inch normal tyres.
Gread ride.. very smooth.

Also tried an GLC 250 AMG line with sport suspension (also no air) with 20 inch RFT's.
Very harsh ride. Its hard to say what is the biggest of the 3 problems.

But I think it is : 1. RFT 2. suspension type 3. rim size.

I am waiting for my GLC and still drive my sport suspension 18" AMG line CLA.
I've changed from RFT to normal tyres and the difference is huge. No more run flats for me.

Regards,

Dennis

My GLC on order has standard suspension with 19 inch AMG rims.
Unforgently still a long wait to go.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome Phil.
If you are ever coming to Melb, PM me for a catch up.
Agree re steel suspension.
Seriously considering different springs or shockers once out of warranty ?
Cheers

Hi Techno , we keep bouncing around in the same forums ..lol
It's like we are old friends ..now .......but never met.!!

Re: Suspension, most of the time there is no concern ...just that odd occasion, when it really 'Hits' home !!!
Don't know yet if I would go aftermarket on the suspension ...is a big call. Will try normal tyres first.

Phil. :smile2::smile2:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Phil,

Both the sport suspension and the runflats makes the harsh ride.
Its hard to say what is the biggest of the 3 problems.

But I think it is : 1. RFT 2. suspension type 3. rim size.

Dennis

Hi Dennis,
Yea ..concur with your thoughts.
My bad ..I choose the AMG Line pack, which in Oz, comes specc'ed with 20" wheels, 45 profile, Sports Suspension .....and of course the RFT tyres are across the entire range here, except for the AMG GLC43 (6 cylinder) and the Coupe's .....which is a bit incongruous. Go figure.

As, stated before, this is not a BIG issue for me, just that it is jarring when it does raise it's prominence.

99% of my driving it is not an issue. I like the slightly tighter Sport suspension, compared to the standard model. It does sit a little more flatter in corners. The rest is just cosmetics and not functional. So, to some degree I painted myself in to the corner.

But will be dumping the RFT tyres when they come up for replacement. If that's not enough...will have to consider smaller wheel size/higher profile tryes ....but I do like those 20" .....it's all about size!! lol.>:)

Cheers,
Phil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts