Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a GLC 220d Sport via carwow with a dealer in the midlands.

Reading up on the crabbing and tyres issues. A little concerned - never noticed anything on the test drive.

Will the new car 18 plate come with all season tyres fitted from delivery? Will I have to chase up for all seasons to be fitted and if so will MB allow these to be fitted in Glasgow rather than the midlands?

Only going to the midlands as the deal was good

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
i got a 220 amg line with 20" wheels 2 weeks ago, it came with goodyear eagle all season runflat tyres and the car doesn't crab at all and i have tried my hardest to make it do it
the combination of all season and run flats seems to stop the crabbing issue

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hi Gallacpt and welcome to the forum. I have a 220d Sport Premium Plus on air suspension which I bought through Orange Wheels. The supplying dealer was in Boston, Lincs but since I live in Herefordshire, I simply called in to my local dealer in Gloucester on the drive back home and introduced myself to them. They activated the car's SIM card, entered all the relevant details on their database and I have dealt with them ever since.

The propensity for tyre skipping increases with the lower the profile of your tyres because the reduction in sidewall flexibility struggles to mask the lateral forces being generated at full lock. My OEM Hankooks on 18" rims never exhibited the phenomenon but I still had them swopped over to all-seasons by my local dealer at the first service after they had done 6000 miles. I found the ride to be slightly smoother with less tyre noise. Be aware that a lot of the cars don't crab from new but as the tread depth reduces so will tyre flexibility and the trait may manifest itself.

I grew up just outside Glasgow, in Coatbridge. I think it proudly holds the claim to be Scotland's most obese town. When I was growing up there the consumption was either shortbread or heroin both of which, I believe, are somewhat more-ish. Obviously the deep-fried Mars Bar has been a game-changer for the town. ;) :D :D :D

Reactions: Gallacpt
1 - 3 of 3 Posts