Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a year or so trying to work out what to replace my 2016 VW Golf GTD I finally took the plunge last week and signed up to a new 2018 GLC350d AMG Line with Prem+, Running Boards and 20" Alloys in Polar White which I collect this Friday :grin2:

Being honest, i'm a bit nervous changing vehicles as I've loved owning and driving the Golf as it's quick, nimble and a blast to drive on fast A roads and twisty B roads. The GLC is going to be a whole different driving experience, it's a much larger car with a more luxurious 'relaxed' appeal, just hope I'm ready for the change!!

Anyway, I have a couple of small modifications lined up, the first is to change the front grille to the 'diamond' AMG 43 style as I'm not a fan of the twin blade design. I'm also going to fit flared wheel arch extensions on the rear (same as you get on the coupe and AMG 43) along with 25mm hubcentric wheel spacers just to give it a more sporty stance, this may not be to everyones tastes but it's what I'm after.

Anyway, Hi to all :smile2:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new baby, there's a few other 350d owners on here and they seem to be hugely impressed by the performance of that particular engine. You will also love the Burmester sound system, it punches way above its weight. I can understand the desire to personalise a vehicle (I have a couple of Harley-Davidsons in my life so I've got it bad). I would caution you about adding wheel spacers without authorisation. You will be altering suspension characteristics beyond design tolerances which may invalidate your warranty, especially in the case of premature wheel bearing failure and will probably also nullify your insurance in event of an accident.

Reactions: MotoPete

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome, and great choice of car :)

·
Super Moderator
1,154 Posts
Welcome to the forum, great choice of car. The 350D still isn't showing on the UK configurator, it disappeared a couple of months ago. All new cars for factory order are 2019 models, assume your car was registered before September to beat the new emissions rules.

Agree with Toobad, check with your insurance before making alterations, don't give them a reason to void your insurance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe just the grille then.... thanks for the welcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts