Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Having looked that the small SUV marking in the UK for the last 18 months, we decided on a new GLC based on comfort, size, features, power and looks. We took delivery of a Brilliant Blue 220d Premium Pack last Friday and we have been very please with it. So far we have done almost 700 miles.

I'm looking forward to hearing about any issues you have or answering questions for people about the UK spec.

Thanks in advance.

Eastwinger.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hi Eastwinger and welcome to the forum from a fellow Limey. That Brilliant Blue is a stunning colour and could well have been my choice had it been available when I placed the order for my 220d Premium Plus. I can't complain about my Hyacinth Red colour, I love the way the shade changes from a deep burgundy to a bright orange depending on the colour temperature of the light at any particular time of the day. Reds and blues really love a coating of carnauba wax, it produces an immense warmth and depth to the paint. After 5 months of ownership I am still in awe. This is my first premium brand vehicle so perhaps I'm more easily impressed. I optioned the Drivers Assist, Air Body Control and Off-road packages along with the 360 degree drone-view camera. The ride quality is like nothing I have ever experienced before. They say money doesn't buy you happiness but I definitely prefer crying in my GLC than on a bus! :wink2:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you TooBad.

The Air Body Control sounds good, but the dealer did not have one to demonstrate, to it was have been a punt in the dark. Your specification sounds great and I like the red, but we already have two red cars. We went for the 360 degree camera and agree that it's amazing. We also select the blind spot detectors, premium package sport and LED Intelligent Light System and the fold-away tow bar.

I have a new Jaguar F-Type Coupe which is a great premium sports car, so 'the need for speed' was not a concern as long at it was it drove well and could more than keep up with the traffic and it ticks all of those boxes :). If I lived in the US where fuel costs were not as important a the UK, then I would have gone for a bigger engine, but I had to use my sensible head on this purchase.

My only niggle is that the cruse control stick is too close to the indicator stick. It would be better to have the controls in the bottom half of the steering wheel, but it's a small thing.

Happy days !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts