Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, I'm new to the GLC forum and would kindly like to say hello and hopefully find some guidance in the issues I'm having with my car. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
My car was towed into Mercedes 4/2/20. On 4/2/20 I received the car back and the issue was reoccurring again. The car was towed in a second time to Mercedes on 4/6/20 and is currently in the shop.

On take-off the car will jump forward and the traction control will engage without reason. Every time it has occurred, the ground has been dry without sand or debris. On two occasions when pulling out onto a busy freeway, the car has jumped forward and the tracking control has engaged cutting almost all power, edging enough to put myself into direct on coming traffic. I stomped on the accelerator pedal and the car would not move forward for a few seconds until the traction control would disengage. I was EXTREMELY lucky on both occasions that the driver of both cars were paying attention to the road. Otherwise my niece and myself would have been injured or killed along with the oncoming driver and anyone else in their car. I have asked for Mercedes Customer Care to buy it back and release me from the lease ASAP. Driving this vehicle is a safety hazard putting my family, myself and anyone else on the road in harms way.

If anyone has any advice.. please chime in on how to help release me from this leased vehicle. Thank you in advance for your assistance and stay healthy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have also had Collision Prevention false alarms.

Most of the time it's just the 2 beeps but I have also had the car brake for no reason from time to time with no obstruction.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sent a follow up email and also left a voicemail this morning for an update but didn't received a response. Later this afternoon I called and requested a different representative and asked for my point of contact. The lady I spoke with said "he was occupied and couldn't take my call". I have listed my point of contact below. If anyone has another contact at Mercedes, please send me a private message. Unfortunately next step will be to get my attorney involved.

Roman
Executive Referral Manager
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC
(800) 367-6372 (ext. 6212)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mercedes Customer Care has still not reached out to help.. I received the car from the dealer and it is back in the shop. Service visit # 5. Check engine light came on once again and transmission is still giving me issues. This is my 3rd Mercedes and probably my last.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Re collision avoidance
The sensitivity can be adjusted via the central menu, it maybe worth checking during these times, when businesses aren’t manned

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have also had Collision Prevention false alarms.

Most of the time it's just the 2 beeps but I have also had the car brake for no reason from time to time with no obstruction.
Are you referring to the red triangle on the tach/speedo? We've had it, too. It's off as fast as it came on. Nobody in front of us for miles, both directions, when it happens. When I had my '15 Silverado, it would do it when the sun was shining right into my eyes, or when I was "chasing" someone through the serpentines, going on/off Edwards AFB, even if they were in the other lane. (The lead/other car would come across my nose, in their lane, and because their vehicle was within "X" of the nose of my truck, the collision avoidance would "fire off.") If I'm remembering correctly, the sun was setting when our GLC300 collision avoidance would trip.

Something to think about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts