Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking of replacing new tyres because of the skidding issue previously, which solved with MB last year but such issue had made my front tyres outside thread worn out quicker than it supposed to be! So, can you guys suggest which types should I go for? All climate or summer tyres?? Any brands or models? I don’t drive that much, short journey in London or just once a month a day trip or once every few months to Cornwall. Thanks!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
This is a decision I have to make shortly as my all-season Michelin Latitudes are now at 2mm having covered 15k miles. Even with the modified knuckles, I have found that the crabbing issue is not completely resolved. It can still be detected in very cold and dry weather. For this reason I will be fitting another set of all-season tyres because of their more pliable rubber compound. I will probably get Red Ken shod with Vredestein Quadracs. Along with Michelin CrossClimate+, they are a popular choice amongst forum members here. In fact, the Vredesteins were given an "exemplary" rating in last year's SUV tyre shootout by German motoring magazine Auto Bild.

Auto Bild All-season SUV tyre test

Reactions: Airjong
1 - 2 of 2 Posts