Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon Folks

My first visit here and wanted to say hi!

Just ordered a new 220d GLC Urban Edition today for the wife.

I know that a facelift is due this year but I couldn't take er in doors battering my ear any more plus Merc did me a deal I couldn't refuse. I really wanted new engine but she won

Its nothing special really, 220d Auto, 4matic Urban Edition in selenite grey with charcoal interior. They only had 2 left, one in blue with cream interior and the one we've just bought. Wanted the blue really but not the cream interior (we have 2 kids).

I've heard of the issue re jumping on full lock. Has this been sorted on 18/19 build cars or is it still a problem?

Is there anything we need to be aware of?

We've had 4 Mercs before, A Class and B Class and originally went in for a new shape B Class but the numbers worked out the same for the GLC so thats what she got.

I've lots of Qs re fitting a dashcam etc but I'll do a bit of hunting round on the forum first before I loose hope and start a new thread.

Thanks for reading

Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome and you've made a very good choice I have the same model in white.ive just had the steering knuckle upgrade done on mine to stop the Tyre skip/judder.even though I hadn't experienced any of the issues others had and mine has 20" summer tyres fitted but must say the steering definitely seems more positive after they have been fitted

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome.

Could you confirm if the Urban edition has parking sensors? The pic I posted shows what looks like sensors in the front bumper but not 100%

Also, the link you posted just goes to a blank page!

TVM

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome to the club. We have an Urban Edition; Brilliant Blue with the charcoal interior.

The Urban Edition has a reversing camera, but no parking sensors; they can be retro-fitted for ~£700 and someone kindly posted the link in response to a query of mine.

Although I am not the main driver, I’ve noticed our early 2019 car skip a little bit in the cold, so I suspect yours may need the mod done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats a bit [email protected] on a new car but if its done under warranty then I'll be happy. I've emailed the salesman to see what he comes back with.

I've no issue waiting for the parts to come in if its only a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the welcome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts