Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to have a new windscreen fitted by Autoglass today.

Interesting to note you can't use their mobile if you have intelligent headlights and the like.
Have to go to a branch so they can calibrate it after the new screen is fitted.

But looks like their Poole branch did a top job.

Happy they fitted a genuine Merc windscreen. Would have been gutted if I'd lost the little "Daimler" signature in the corner!

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Interesting, my new 2020 GLC 300 doesnt have this. Instead it has a cursive Mercedes logo.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I will have to have a new screen as well, not broken but with the low sun at the moment it looks like a million pin pricks somewhere in the layers. didn't seem to show up with headlights.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I will have to have a new screen as well, not broken but with the low sun at the moment it looks like a million pin pricks somewhere in the layers. didn't seem to show up with headlights.
Should it be like that if the car is only about 8 months old?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Er! No it shouldn't.
I was trying to be diplomatic in case it was wiper damage.
Makes you wonder how good quality control is though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was trying to be diplomatic in case it was wiper damage.
Makes you wonder how good quality control is though.
yes, I miss understood your post.

The fault is in the layers.

What quality control! the car left the factory with this and a fault in the media system which took 4 days to sort out plus of course everyones favorite the "crabbing" issue.

Last Mercedes car I shall buy.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The trouble is that most of the manufacturers aren't any better unless you're lucky.

That said My wife has had 4 new Minis, the current one being a cooper clubman auto now just turned 3 years and all have them have been virtually faultless, just a couple of minor issues.
Before this last one we made the mistake of buying a top of the range Nissan Juke - don't ask! I was dead set against and proved right when from the start the whole media system failed which took 2 months to replace and bits kept falling off the **** thing, it was in the dealer every couple of weeks and they and Nissan were hopeless so I got rid after 12 months.

If you think car manufacturers / dealers are bad try buying a motorhome, the way they treat you will open your eyes. They treat you as if you've spent a couple of grand not nearly 70k. :frown2: Can't even ring the bl**dy German manufacturer and they don't answer your emails or letters.

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Lons, agree regarding minis, my wife is on her 4th, just bought a new countryman, really well put together but so is my GLE. The problem to me is when you have a fault, it always seems to be a battle with dealer, shouldn't be that way.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Best car and so far for build quality, performance (nearly) and fewer faults but not the ability of the dealer to fix them was my Touareg 4.2l V8 Diesel.

I hope VW produce another big diesel although unlikely in todays climate.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Interesting, my new 2020 GLC 300 doesnt have this. Instead it has a cursive Mercedes logo.
Mercedes seems to think you guys downunder are not Posh enough to have Mr Daimler on your windscreen.....:smile2::smile2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts