Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just to see if anyone else has had this issue.

within the first week of ownership my fiancée took the car out and on return was complaining that the vehicle was pulling to the right and was almost un-drivable. almost like the tracking was way off. I thought that she was talking crap and dismissed the issue as when I drove away the next day there was no issues what so ever.

Until

The other day after parking with the car on a slight slope and the wheels having a quarter of a turn on them (steering wheel) I carried out a 3 point turn to exit the estate and perceived to drive home. The vehicle was fighting me to keep in a straight line. I pulled over thinking that the Electronics had put the car into some strange offload mode so reversed in a straight line as you would to remove any diff lock in a Landrover Defender. This did not work and drove to my friends about 1km down the road.

I stopped for 20 minutes for a coffee and to procrastinate over this fault. when I drove off again the car was back to its usual self with no crabbing or pulling to the right.

Has anyone else had this issue???

:frown2:

·
Super Moderator
1,137 Posts
Not heard of the issue, trip to dealers called for.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If this was a constant problem, then I would assume something was out of alignment but it seems to be an on and off issue.
Did a bit of research and some say it could be the factory tires the GLC comes with, but either way it's best to bring your car in to the dealership.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Don't you just love it when a problem is inconsistent, and impossible to replicate. There are so many components related to the steering that its going to be difficult to pinpoint the problem. Unless they can get the car to do it at the dealership, I don't even know how they will address the issue. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had exactly the same issue about 500 miles into the ownership of a brand new GLC 250d AMG line which I had from new as a long term loan car whilst my GLC 43 was being built. I left home one morning and the steering felt strange as if I had a tyre on the front that was low on pressure as it pulled badly to one side (the left I think) and the steering wheel was off centre. I checked the pressures on the ‘on board system’ and all were ok. I continued to drive and after about 3 miles it cleared and was perfect for the remaining 3500 miles I did in the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I had a problem where after my GLC went in for the airbag fix, the car would keep turning the steering wheel on its own to the right, the steering was literally turning itself a quarter of a turn to the right.
- Wheel alignment was correct.

It turns out that faulty wiring was disrupting a sensor that made the car turn the steering itself... The wiring was fixed, the problem went away...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts