Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a phone call today from our dealer to say the wife's GLC should be in this Friday, with a view to having it ready early next week. Needless to say the Mrs is a bit giddy with excitement at the moment... I'm still a few weeks away until mine is ready however.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Awesome.

Have you started shopping around for accessories?

One of my rituals is to find rubber mats, even if it might be summer, just getting that part of ownership out of the way i find helps... just keep them in the garage till its time to break 'em out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
We had a phone call today from our dealer to say the wife's GLC should be in this Friday, with a view to having it ready early next week. Needless to say the Mrs is a bit giddy with excitement at the moment... I'm still a few weeks away until mine is ready however.
It's great to drive a new car... :laugh:

·
Registered
5 Posts
The rubber matts on the car are great. I also got the ski rails and rack. Handles greats in the rain and snow at higher elevations!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like mine should be here around Easter as it's due in on the 24th. As luck would have it I'm off the week after Easter so I could be spending some quality 'bonding' time with my new toy. I'll post some pictures up when they arrive.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Looks like mine should be here around Easter as it's due in on the 24th. As luck would have it I'm off the week after Easter so I could be spending some quality 'bonding' time with my new toy. I'll post some pictures up when they arrive.
Where and how far out do you plan on driving to during that time? Planning to use this as a time to fully break it in or are you going to do that over a longer period of time?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We both have a few days off after Easter so a little trip into Scotland or the Lake District would be nice. However, our joiner popped over last night (we are having some bespoke doors made) so I may be making runs to the refuse site as I rip our dinning room to bits ! Time will tell.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Now that sounds like a great trip, should be some good places along the way to get food. Have you planned out any stops along the way as yet?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sadly, the house improvements comes before vehicular pleasure... We've got our (very busy) joiner booked for the weekend after Easter, so it's DIY for me - no sneaking off on holiday. So my new car will be used for ferrying rubbish up to the local refuse site, carrying building materials and generally not getting used how I'd like; it's not going to be 'new' for very long !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts