Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 66 plate GLC coupe and the yellow engine management light has recently come on. A friend has managed to relate it to a NOx sensor using a Diagnostic tool. I am out off warranty and did have full service history up until last year when my 3 year payment plan expired. I've called up the dealer I bought the car from (not my local were I've previously had it serviced) and they confirmed they have had issues but no recall notice was against my particular model. They did mentioned that I would have to pay £192 for a diagnostic and potentially £700/£1000 for a new sensor although he also mentioned a my dealer could offer a 'Good Will' gesture but this would depend on the service history, condition of the vehicle etc.
Has anyone had any experience of this when out of warranty and with being 190 days out of service will this go against me, would starting the service plan back up and getting it serviced help my course or am I going to end up up to £1000 lighter?
Any advice?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I see you have already looked at my thread. I suspect as the extra warranty to cover the Emissions Defeat Software removal has probably now expired for you, your only recourse will be to throw yourself at the mercy of MB Customer Service and hope for a sympathetic outcome 😢

NOx Sensor Fail

·
Registered
505 Posts
Is it possible SRPC1838 was done during one of your services and you weren't made aware of it? Your Dealer can confirm this by accessing your car's digital service record on the MB servers. But I guess this would have needed to have been done at your last service if you are to qualify for the 2-year warranty which came with the update. I suspect you will end up having to fabricate some sob story explaining why your scheduled service is 190 days overdue and then throw yourself on the mercy of MB for a goodwill gesture. 😭

1 - 4 of 4 Posts