Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I'm new to the forums and I have a couple of questions on the GLC300. My wife and I are in the process of searching for a new automobile. We are looking for a "luxury" mid size SUV. Some of those that we've considered are the GLC300, Jag F-Pace, BMW X3, Cadillac XT5, Lincoln MKX, Audi Q5 etc.

OK here are the things I've been unable to find online or through talking to sales reps.
1. Will the adaptive cruise control, I don't recall the official MB name for this feature revert to normal cruise control (without auto braking and speed variation in traffic) if the sensors fail or get dirty? Reason I'm curious I have a car with adaptive cruise that will just turn off if the sensors fail or get dirty. Very annoying on a long highway trip.
2. Can the model with Command hard drive nav do online searches for destinations? I seem to see that it is an implied capability if you have mbrace Connect but it is not clear to me. With the slow update of car navigation maps and POI databases (once every couple of year typically) and the rapid change in restaurants etc. online search is almost a necessity in my view.

Bob
Mesa, AZ

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello all
I'm new to the forums and I have a couple of questions on the GLC300. My wife and I are in the process of searching for a new automobile. We are looking for a "luxury" mid size SUV. Some of those that we've considered are the GLC300, Jag F-Pace, BMW X3, Cadillac XT5, Lincoln MKX, Audi Q5 etc.

OK here are the things I've been unable to find online or through talking to sales reps.
1. Will the adaptive cruise control, I don't recall the official MB name for this feature revert to normal cruise control (without auto braking and speed variation in traffic) if the sensors fail or get dirty? Reason I'm curious I have a car with adaptive cruise that will just turn off if the sensors fail or get dirty. Very annoying on a long highway trip.
2. Can the model with Command hard drive nav do online searches for destinations? I seem to see that it is an implied capability if you have mbrace Connect but it is not clear to me. With the slow update of car navigation maps and POI databases (once every couple of year typically) and the rapid change in restaurants etc. online search is almost a necessity in my view.

Bob
Mesa, AZ
I've continued my search but have not found the answer for the Distronic cruise contol, however, I have found the answer to question 2 in the Command Supplement to the owners manual. On page 60 of that manual, it says:
To use online search: select Online
Search by turning and pressing the controller.
The search switches to the online functions.
Online search requirement (USA): mbrace
must be activated for Internet access
(> page 120).
Requirement for the online map display (Canada):
a mobile phone is connected to the multimedia
system via Bluetooth® (Y page 92)
or USB (> page 157).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts