Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GLC Coupe which is less than 3 months old, but the parking sensors seem to be going haywire.

As soon as you start up the car, the display in the dash lights up with both red segments (but none of the Amber segments), and it makes a constant beeping sound. The system then seems to deactivate itself as the switch in the centre console has the red light illuminated. Sometimes that red light stays on, sometimes it goes off by itself, but either way the warning lights and beeping go off at random intervals when driving along, even when I’m not close to anything.

I pulled all the fuses in the hope this might somehow reboot it, but to no avail.

I’m assuming that this needs a visit to a dealer, and I’m hoping to arrange that asap, but just wondered if anyone had ever experienced anything like this before ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would also check to make sure your front license plate is not interfering with the sensors. I have a US spec GLC 43 AMG in Europe with a European license plate. The US spec license plate bracket didn't allow the European license plate to clear the sensors so I had to buy the European spec one. Not saying that is your problem but something to check.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Dealer visit for a 3 month old car, whatever the issue is even if a number plate, they would have fitted those. It would drive me nuts until sorted!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Booked in to the dealer on Monday so will see what they say.

Have had to resort to keeping the fuses out all the time, the constant beeping was annoying me so much. Unfortunately that also seems to have deactivated the reversing camera, but I can live with that for a few days !

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just taken delivery of a brand new glc estate premium and have this exact problem. When pulling off at slow speeds the front left parking sensor goes off, switches from orange and red constantly, beeping like crazy even though I’m not near anything. Happens every time I’m pulling off after I’ve stopped. The car has 60 miles on it! I’m less than impressed so far. How long did it take them to fix?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts