Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do NOT like the Auto-Stop feature, never have, never will. Had it in our '16 Pilot, almost got t-boned, a few times, because of it, could NOT get out of the way fast enough, because of it. This feature does NOT restart the engine fast enough, should you need to get out of the way of an out of control vehicle, coming at you.

1. Thought I had found a way to disable it in the Vehicle Settings, but it does NOT. :mad:
  2. On the newer GM trucks, that have it, if you plug a trailer in, the Auto-Stop on them is disabled. Even a Tow Hitch Brake Light being plugged in will disable it on the GM trucks. Not too keen on installing a tow hitch in hopes that this trick will work.
  3. I've come across some other forums where they have pulled the ON/OFF button out of the console and inserted a jumper to disable it. I really don't want to tear my console apart to disable it.
There has to be an easier way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not that i am aware of. It is just on in Comfort mode so you could set up Individual mode the same as comfort but with auto stop off. But you would need to select Individual every time you start the car if you have left it for some time. So you may as well select the switch that turns it off!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've had my GLC just over a year and haven't had any issues with responsiveness of the auto stop. I have disabled it on an occasion or two in heavy stop and go traffic, but normally I don't even notice it. Best option is to push that dang button

·
Super Moderator
1,142 Posts
All forums have this raised by owners, as the stop start is part of emissions test it isn't possible for it to be permanently turned off. If you buy a GLE450 there is a 48 volt battery that starts the car and it is seemless, I have always turned it off after starting on other cars but don't on the GLE.

Reactions: Ravenkeeper

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not that i am aware of. It is just on in Comfort mode so you could set up Individual mode the same as comfort but with auto stop off. But you would need to select Individual every time you start the car if you have left it for some time. So you may as well select the switch that turns it off!!

Yeah, I have the "Individual Mode" set as Eco-AutoStop. I leave Comfort, Sport, & Sport+ alone, and have used them on occasion. On Sunday, I had to run to the Burbank Airport to pick up my wife. SR-14 SB was backed up for at least 2 miles, when I left the house and passed it on Soledad Canyon Rd, in Sport+ Mode, twisting/winding road. Had it in Comfort Mode, when I left the airport, got onto the highway, then Individual Mode. When I got onto SR-14 NB, I threw it into Sport+ (again), until I got over the first hill/mountain, then back to Individual.

Not giving up on finding a way to disable AutoStop.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You may get a module on ebay to permanently disable it. Works like a charm and pretty easy to install.

·
Registered
9 Posts
^+1 - I have done it and love it. When I bring car in for service I just turn it back on and it keeps the setting until you change it back. When I get car back I just turn it off and it stays off.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You may get a module on ebay to permanently disable it. Works like a charm and pretty easy to install.
^+1 - I have done it and love it. When I bring car in for service I just turn it back on and it keeps the setting until you change it back. When I get car back I just turn it off and it stays off.

All I can find, on Ebay and Amazon, are for F150s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts