Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GLC300 4Matic
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my music library, along with a .PLS (I think) playlist, on a USB stick and plugged it into my 2021's USB input in the center console. The car sees that the playlist is there, but I can't find out how to actually play the playlist, preferably in shuffle mode. The MBUX's built-in user manual is silent on the point, and there's no online downloadable one for the 2021.

Anyone have any suggestions for what to try?

·
Registered
2019 GLC300
4 Posts
Have you tried accessing it via the Media button? I haven't tried a USB stick in the center console, so I don't know if that works. I know it reads my iPhone iTunes library when plugged into this USB port. I also have a SD Media card plugged into the SD slot, which has a copy of my iTunes library on it, which my GLC sees as Media, and works great! My suggestion is to get an SD card and fill it with music. Good luck!

·
Registered
2021 GLC300 4Matic
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the Media selection on the MBUX console is how I'm playing it. It reads the songs on the stick just fine; it just won't use the playlist.

My system doesn't have an SD card slot, or I would use that and leave the second USB port open for when my roommate and I are both in the car.

·
Registered
2019 GLC300
4 Posts
Again, I haven't tried a USB stick, but instead of Playlists, can you load your songs on the USB stick and play them either in album or shuffle mode?

·
Registered
2021 GLC300 4Matic
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping not to have to do that; exporting just those songs from iTunes Apple Music on the Mac will be a pain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts